How Do I Apply?
Erasmus exchanges are subject specific, meaning your options will depend on your School. There are also 10 universities with which we have University-wide exchanges. You can learn more about these Erasmus Open Places here. If you are a Business or Law student, please visit the Quinn School of Business or UCD School of Law website and select your programme to view your options.
- You should first consult your full list of options using our ‘Where can I go?' page and check when your Programme permits exchange using our ‘When can I go?' page.
- It is important that you understand the academic options and obligations at a host university before applying for exchange. Therefore, we recommend you research your preferred destinations, their academic calendar, class offerings & language requirements (Science and Engineering students must match their modules), cost of living, etc.
- Each School has one or more Erasmus coordinators listed on our ‘Where can I go?' page who organise the internal application process. Once you have made your decision, contact them for advice on the application process and relevant deadlines. Arts & Humanities / Social Science students pursuing a Joint Degree and registered to two Schools can apply to both separately.
- Once nominated by your coordinator, complete the Erasmus application on your SISweb under ‘Programme Services’ and submit by the deadline.
- After nomination we will contact students regarding the Erasmus+ Grant process
After your nomination, UCD International forwards your details and contact information to your host institution. In most cases they will contact you directly regarding registration and next steps.
- Check your host’s website early on for important information regarding accommodation, registration, language courses, and deadlines.
- UCD does not arrange accommodation for you in our partner universities.
Take the Next Step
Contact us today for more information or to apply for a place.