- Governing Authority
- Academic Council
- AC Executive Committee
- University Programmes Board
- AC Committee on Examinations
- AC Quality Enhancement Committee
- AC Committee on Student Appeals and Complaints
- AC Committee on Student Conduct and Capacity
- AC Committee on Honorary Degrees & Major Awards
- AC Committee on Academic Centres
- AC Committee for Academic Scholarships & Prizes
- University Management Team
- Committee Calendar
The Academic Council (AC) oversees the University's academic activity. This responsibility is defined by statute and includes directing the educational matters of the University such as curriculum, education provision, academic policy and regulatory oversight through approval of Academic Regulations, Student Code and new academic policies. Academic Council advises and makes recommendations to the University on academic institutional and sectoral initiatives and strategic priorities such as education strategy, HEA policy and other institutional and national initiatives. Academic Council also oversees the academic governance framework which is made up of a number of subcommittees, and has a key role in setting the annual work programme and reporting requirements for subcommittees.
The purpose of Academic Council is to:
- Direct the educational matters of the University such as curriculum, education provision, academic policy and regulatory oversight through approval of Academic Regulations, Student Code and new academic policies. Oversee and assure the quality and standards of academic matters of Recognised Colleges in general and in particular where programmes and activities lead to the award of degrees and qualifications of the University.
- Consider matters of academic governance of the University.
- Advise and make recommendations to the University on academic institutional and sectoral initiatives and strategic priorities such as education strategy, HEA policy and other institutional and national initiatives.
- Oversee the academic governance framework: constitute, reconstitute and discontinue committees.
- Maintain oversight of functions undertaken by subcommittees with a key role in approving an annual work programme for subcommittees and prescribing annual reporting requirements.
Professor Orla Feely, President
Professor Barbara Dooley, Acting Registrar
Academic Council Membership 2022-23
Please note: UCD Academic Council membership has changed following the approval of a revised composition (approved Autumn 2020, for effect in September 2021).
Academic Council Meeting Schedule 2023/2024
|Submission Deadline||Meeting Date|
|Thursday 26 October 2023||Thursday 23 November 2023; 2pm|
|Thursday 28 March 2024||Thursday 25 April 2024; 2pm|
- AC Submission form
- Academic Council Standing Orders
- Award of Aegrotat and Posthumous Awards
- Form for titles for professors and full professors
- Form for change in titles for professors and full professors
- Extension of Term of Head of Subject Form
- New Head of Subject Proposal Form
- Proposed New Subject Form
- Amendment to Existing Subject Form
- AC Schedule of Reserved Decision-Making