Academic Council Committee for Academic Scholarships and Prizes
The Academic Council Committee for Academic Scholarships and Prizes (ACCASP) oversees all scholarships and prizes that are awarded or maintained on merit-based achievements. The Committee is also responsible for assuring quality and ensuring equity in the allocation of academic scholarships and prizes, including any related appeals processes and the administration of the Ad Astra Academy appeals process.
Show/hide contentOpenClose All
The Academic Council Committee for Academic Scholarships and Prizes will:
1. Approve and periodically review criteria, conditions and regulations associated with all university merit-based scholarships and prizes.
2. Consider and approve proposals regarding establishment of new scholarships and prizes ensuring proposals are aligned to University objectives.
3. Consider proposed changes to existing awards and prizes.
4. Advise Academic Council on strategy in relation to merit-based scholarships and prizes.
5. Approve and periodically review procedures to assure quality and ensure equity in relation to allocation of merit-based scholarships and prizes.
Academic Session 2020-2021
Chair (appointed by President)
Dr Alexander Thein
Deputy President, VP for Academic Affairs & Registrar
Prof. Mark Rogers
Member of AC nominated by CP – Arts & Humanities
Assoc. Prof. Emily Mark-Fitzgerald
Member of AC nominated by CP – Social Science & Law
Prof. Oonagh Breen
Member of AC nominated by CP – Business
Prof. Louis Murray
Member of AC nominated by CP – Eng. & Architecture
Assoc. Prof. Amanda Gibney
Member of AC nominated by CP – Science
Prof. Nial Friel
Member of AC nominated by CP – Health & Agri. Sciences
Dr Kate Frazer
One Head of School, nominated by Registrar
Assistant Prof. Alexander Thein
One Vice-Principal for Teaching and Learning, nominated by Registrar
Assoc. Prof. Niamh Moore-Cherry
Representative of Students' Union, nominated by Students' Union President
Carla Gummerson, UCDSU Graduate Officer
ACCASP Meeting Schedule 2020/2021
|Submission Deadline||Meeting Date|
|Wednesday 7 October 2020, 5pm||Wednesday 21 October 2020, 10am|
|Wednesday 25 November 2020, 5pm||Wednesday 9 December 2020, 10am|
|Wednesday 20 January 2021, 5pm||Wednesday 3 February 2021, 10am|
|Wednesday 31 March 2021, 5pm||Wednesday 14 April 2021, 10am|
|Wednesday 19 May 2021, 5pm||Wednesday 9 June 2021, 10am|