UMT Capital Projects Group
The objectives of the Capital Projects Group (UMT CPG) are to seek approval from UMT to initiate and oversee the major capital projects of the University and prepare capital appraisal reports.
Show/hide content Open Close All
- Devise an Estates Strategy as a basis for the planning, development and refurbishment of the University Estate.
- To review and report progress towards implementation of the Estates Strategy and Strategic Campus Development Plan to UMT on an annual basis.
- To advance and oversee capital projects in line with the Estates Strategy (subject to Governance approvals as appropriate)
- To assess and recommend other project proposals arising which will complement the Estates or University Strategy. (e.g. University Performance-Based Projects or new projects arising not included in the Estates Strategy).
- Review risks and opportunities which may impact the overall Estate or the Estates Strategy (including individual projects) as required. Assess and plan mitigation and remedial actions as required.
- As a sub-group of UMT, fulfil the role of “Sponsoring Agency’ under the Public Spending Code for Capital Projects. Review projects at key “gates” and stages in the project lifecycle before recommending them for approval to UMT/Governing Authority as appropriate.
- To act as an information conduit between Project Teams and the UMT where required.
- To develop and oversee the implementation of University Space Policy, ensure robust space management processes are in place and update Policy and processes where required.
- To develop and oversee implementation of other Policies that assist in the implementation of, or impact on, the Estates Strategy.
The following are members of CPG:
- The President, or nominee (Chair)
- The Registrar/Deputy President
- The Vice President for Research, Innovation and Impact
- The Vice President for Finance/ Bursar
- The Vice President for Campus Development
- The Director of Estates – Campus Development
- The Director of Development
UMT CPG Meeting Schedule 2021/2022
Monday 20 September 2021 at 11 am
|Monday 22 November 2021 at 11 am|
|Wednesday 2 February 2022 at 11 am|
|Wednesday 30 March 2022 at 11 am|
|Monday 30 May 2022 at 11 am|