UMT GDPR and Data Group
The GDPR and Data Group (GDPR&D Group) is established to provide oversight and high-level support for data privacy and implementation of GDPR at the university. The GDPR&D Group is to enable organization wide privacy initiatives and make recommendations to and facilitate support from the University Management Team (UMT) for all matters relating to translating good governance of personal data and privacy.
Show/hide content Open Close All
Terms of Reference
- To oversee and provide guidance and direction to the UMT for the achievement of GDPR compliance in UCD.
- To oversee and support the data privacy agenda in UCD.
- To provide a forum for the DPO to consult on all data protection matters.
- To support the DPO to undertake the role as required by law;
- To act as a channel from the DPO to report to the UMT on the work of the Group and the progress of GDPR&D in UCD and to communicate developments in national and European data protection legislation and policy to the UMT;
- To make recommendations to the UMT on best practice in implementing GDPR in the University and suggest measures to prevent any gaps/oversights/deficits in the area;
- To consider and respond to issues referred to the Group by the UMT.
The following shall be members of the UMT GDPR&D Group:
- College Principal nominated by UMT to act as Chair
- Data Protection Officer (DPO)
- Director of Human Resources (or nominee)
- Chief Information Officer (or nominee)
- Director of Legal Services (or nominee)
- Information Compliance Manager
- Head of IT Programme & Risk Management
UMT GDPR&D Meeting Schedule 2022/23
|Submission Deadline||Meeting Date|
Wednesday 14th September 2022 10am
Thursday 27th October 2022 10am
Wednesday 7th December 2022 10am
Wednesday 18th January 2023 10am
Wednesday 22nd February 2023 10am
Wednesday 5th April 2023 10am
Wednesday 10th May 2023 10am
Tuesday 13th June 2023 10am
Insert submission form
Insert terms of reference