UMT GDPR and Data Group
The GDPR and Data Group (GDPR&D Group) is established to provide oversight and high-level support for data privacy and implementation of GDPR at the university. The GDPR&D Group is to enable organization wide privacy initiatives and make recommendations to and facilitate support from the University Management Team (UMT) for all matters relating to translating good governance of personal data and privacy.
Show/hide content Open Close All
Terms of Reference
- To oversee and provide guidance and direction to the UMT for the achievement of GDPR compliance in UCD.
- To oversee and support the data privacy agenda in UCD.
- To provide a forum for the DPO to consult on all data protection matters.
- To support the DPO to undertake the role as required by law;
- To act as a channel from the DPO to report to the UMT on the work of the Group and the progress of GDPR&D in UCD and to communicate developments in national and European data protection legislation and policy to the UMT;
- To make recommendations to the UMT on best practice in implementing GDPR in the University and suggest measures to prevent any gaps/oversights/deficits in the area;
- To consider and respond to issues referred to the Group by the UMT.
The following shall be members of the UMT GDPR&D Group:
- College Principal nominated by UMT to act as Chair
- Data Protection Officer (DPO)
- Director of Human Resources (or nominee)
- Chief Information Officer (or nominee)
- Director of Legal Services (or nominee)
- Information Compliance Manager
- Head of IT Programme & Risk Management
UMT GDPR&D Meeting Schedule 2021/22
|Submission Deadline||Meeting Date|
Wednesday 8th September 2021 10am
Wednesday 20th October 2021 10am
Wednesday 1st December 2021 10am
Wednesday 12 January 2022, 10am
Wednesday 23 February 2022, 10am
Wednesday 30 March 2022, 10am
Wednesday 4 May 2022, 10am
Wednesday 15 June 2022, 10am
Insert submission form
Insert terms of reference