UMT Global Engagement Group
The Global Engagement Group (UMT GEG) provides high-level oversight and coordination of the University’s internationalisation efforts and advises UMT on matters relating to internationalisation at UCD.
Show/hide content Open Close All
• To assist in the further development and implementation of UCD’s Global Engagement Strategy (2016-2020) and to monitor and review the progress of this strategy in achieving the University’s objectives for global engagement.
• To comment and advise UMT on proposals and outcomes (and their adoption by GEG as appropriate) from UCD’s global strategy working groups e.g. Global Partnerships Working Group.
• To consider and respond to issues referred to the Group by the University Management Team relating to the University’s global engagement activities.
• To recommend to UMT for approval, on an annual basis, the University’s plan for international student recruitment targets and international tuition fees and to review the progress of this plan.
• To provide strategic oversight and recommendations to UMT on opportunities and proposals for new UCD globalisation activities across a range of areas, including:
o Institutional Memoranda of Understanding (MOUs) and Memoranda of Agreement (MOAs)
o Overseas offices and representatives
o Overseas campuses
o International partnerships and associated activities
o Mobility opportunities
o Student recruitment pathways
o On campus activities
• To advise UMT on strategic oversight of foundation programmes, pre-sessional andin- sessional language programmes offered by UCD.
• To contribute to the development and implementation of UCD’s regional strategies, supported by the established steering groups for Europe, North America, China, South Asia, Asia-Pacific and other regional steering groups that may be established.
• To advise UMT on strategic oversight of UCD’s ‘area studies’* activities
*Area studies refers to research and scholarship pertaining to particular geographical, national, or cultural regions e.g. Chinese studies
• To provide a forum for the development and exchange of good practice in global engagement across UCD’s Colleges, Schools and Units.
• To provide institutional oversight of external environment activities (e.g. policies, regulations) that impact on UCD’s global engagement activities and ambitions.
UMT GEG Meeting Schedule 2021/22
|Submission Deadlines||Meeting Date|
|Wednesday 21 September (International Agreements) and Friday 10 September (Other)||Tuesday 21 September 2021 @ 9.30am|
|Wednesday 13 October (International Agreements) and Friday 22 October (Other)||Wednesday 3 November 2021 @ 2.00pm|
|Thursday 25 November (International Agreements) and Monday 6 December (Other)||Wed 15 December 2021 @ 9.30am|
|Thursday 13 January (International Agreements) and Monday 24 January (Other)||Wednesday 2 February 2022 @ 2.00pm|
|Tuesday 15 March (International Agreements) and Monday 28 March (Other)||Wednesday 6 April 2022 @ 9.30am|
|Wednesday 27 April (International Agreements) Monday 9 May (Other)||Wednesday 18 May 2022 @ 2.00pm|
|Wednesday 25 May (International Agreements) and Friday 3 June (Other)||Wednesday 15 June 2022 @ 9.30am|