UMT IT Strategy Group
The it Strategy Group (UMT ITSG) provides high-level oversight of the development of University IT Strategy in relation new IT services and service enhancements and make recommendations. It reports to UMT with progress updates and advises on prioritisation, budgetary requirements and effective resourcing to support, promote and enhance IT service delivery including updating infrastructure and business systems.
Show/hide content Open Close All
Contact: Bridin Walsh, Head of IT Programme & Risk Management, IT Services.
Terms of Reference
- Oversee the development of the University IT Strategy.
- Review requests for new IT services and service enhancements and make recommendations to UMT on appropriate prioritisation.
- Review, prioritise and make recommendations to UMT on University wide IT programmes and projects.
- Advise UMT on prioritisation, budgetary requirements and effective resourcing to support, promote and enhance IT service delivery including updating infrastructure and business systems.
- Oversee the delivery of University wide IT programmes projects and services, ensuring they are customer focused, value driven and seamless across functional areas
- Develop IT policies in response to external and internal demands covering service delivery, appropriate utilisation of UCD’s IT assets and cyber security.
- To maintain oversight of the IT risk register and monitor implementation of mitigation actions and escalate risks to UMT for consideration as required.
- Consider and respond to issues referred to the Group by UMT relating to IT services activities.
UMT ITSG Members
- Deputy President and Registrar (Chair)
- College Principal of Science
- Director of IT Services
- VP Research Innovation and Impact
- Three faculty members
No single gender should exceed 60% of the membership.
UMT IT Strategy Group Meeting Schedule 2022
|Submission Deadline||Meeting Date|
Thursday 20 January 2022 at 2.00pm
Wednesday 27 April 2022 at 2.00pm
Tuesday 27th September at 11:30am
Thursday 24th November at 09:30am