China Scholarship Scheme
THIS SCHEME IS NOW OPEN FOR APPLICATIONS FOR SEPTEMBER 2019 ENTRY.
UCD and the CSC signed a Memorandum of Understanding in 2007, renewed in 2011, for the purposes of providing high quality research training to qualified Chinese students from Chinese universities/research institutions.
This is an exciting opportunity for Chinese students to benefit from studying in one of Europe’s leading research-driven universities.
UCD supports applications for:
- UCD CSC Scholarship Scheme 4 year PhD student scholarships
- the General CSC Scholarship Scheme which funds both research visits and 4 year full-time PhD programmes
- Candidates must be citizens of the People’s Republic of China
- Candidates can be resident in China or outside China
- Candidates must be a master’s degree holder under the age of 40 when applying for the doctoral programs
- Applications are only accepted from students who have the agreement of a UCD academic member of staff to be their supervisor
- Applicants are required to demonstrate a high level of competence in English language.
- In the Internet based TOEFL (iTB), a minimum score of 90.
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS), an average score of 6.5 over all components is required with a minimum of 6.0 in each band on the Academic Version.
- Candidates should be intending to pursue study/research in one of the priority academic areas identified by UCD and CSC
- Energy, Resource, Environment, Agriculture, Manufacture, Information Technology, Life Science, Food and Health, Space Study, Maritime Study, Nanotechnology, New Materials, Humanities and Applied Social Sciences, Business and Law. However, applicants to other study/research areas will also be considered.
- Candidate should satisfy the selection criteria set out by CSC by completing the CSC Application Form and the CSC Employer Reference Form at http://apply.csc.edu.cn/
- Successful candidates must return to China upon completion of their PhD studies and/or research
How to Apply:
- approach a UCD academic member of staff to ask them be your supervisor as early as possible.
- online applications are open until 31st January 2019 for September 2019 entry
- the online applications address is www.ucd.ie/apply
- Click the blue button 'Apply to UCD'
- Choose 'Course Finder'
- Choose UCD Chinese Scholarship Scheme (TX01)
- Please note that there is NO application Fee associated with this scheme
You will need to upload the following documents:
- Academic transcript(s);
- Proof of English language level i.e. IELTS, TOEFL etc.;
- Degree certificate(s);
- Two academic references;
- A short Research Proposal.
Original hardcopies will be required for verification purposes for successful applicants prior to registration to UCD.
Guidelines for Prospective CSC Applicants
Guidelines for Potential CSC-UCD Supervisors
Yes, masters students, 1st year PhD students and final year undergraduate students can apply for this scholarship
No, applications are accepted from Chinese students for both:
a) a research visit to UCD for a period of 6-24 months as part of the PhD student’s doctoral education
b) a 4 year, funded, full time, PhD degree programme in UCD
Yes, you need a UCD academic member of staff supporting your application.
Information on research carried out in UCD can be found here http://www.ucd.ie/research/
You can search for potential supervisors using the keyword search at https://people.ucd.ie/.
IELTS 6.5 (each band is not lower than 6.0) or TOEFL 90. Examination results must not be less than 2 years old on the 31st january 2019.
Your IELTS test result must be provided before the deadline i.e. 30th January 2019.
The living allowance is 1200 euro per month from CSC. It is enough to live in Dublin. It is recommended that you seek accommodation off campus to reduce costs.
The UCD CSC Scholarship Scheme now open for applications for the UCD CSC Scholarship Scheme 2019 with a deadline for applications on 31st January 2019.
Yes, the QQ no. for UCD-CSC Ireland is 113010773.
There is no fee associated with UCD-CSC Scholarship Scheme.