New starter IT and email access
The University understands that in some circumstances, especially for Academic and Senior Administrative/Managerial appointments, prospective employees who are due to commence with the University will require access to Email and IT accounts before they officially commence with UCD.
New staff should follow the process below if they wish to have access to email / IT prior to commencing with the university. The same process will also apply to all staff who have commenced employment with the University and require access to their email and IT account.
Setting up email
Staff who are new to UCD should follow the process below:
- Step 1: Ensure you have returned your signed Contract of Employment to UCD HR Resourcing (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Step 2: Once your HR record has been activated, you will receive an email from UCD IT Services containing your Personnel number. This will go to the personal email address that you have provided to the University. You will be invited to activate your new Connect account and email address. Follow the steps on screen. Information on this process is available on the IT Services account activation webpage.
- This process refers to categories of permanent or temporary appointments.
- Your account and email address will expire when your contract ends.
- Step 3: If you have a query regarding your Personnel number, please contact email@example.com.
Contact the HR Helpdesk
The HR Helpdesk is the primary point of contact for all your employment-related queries. We are here to help you with any queries on employee benefits, terms & conditions and HR policies & procedures. If we can’t help you directly we will refer your query to a HR specialist area.
2nd Floor Roebuck Offices,
UCD Belfield Campus.