UCD Admissions manages applications from EU and EEA countries. For further information regarding EU/EEA undergraduate application and assessment procedures please visit the myUCD Entry Requirements website.
Please see the UCD Undergraduate website for information on UCD Undergraduate Programmes.
Academic Entry Requirements
For information on entry requirements for EU applicants please see the CAO website.
If you are not sure whether you are a non-EU or EU applicant please check here.
EU applicants who wish to check their eligibility prior to making an application should contact email@example.com
English Language Requirements
Teaching in Irish Universities is normally through the medium of English, therefore all applicants are required to demonstrate a high level of competence in English language. Applicants must provide evidence of equivalent competence in English language through a recognised English language test, as outlined below.
- Your English language certificate must be no more than two years old at the beginning of your degree course.
- Other evidence of proficiency in English may be accepted. For further advice please contact UCD Admissions (firstname.lastname@example.org) to check if we will accept it. When enquiring, please inform the Admissions Office of: the name, level and date of the qualification; the country in which it was taken; and the scores you obtained. If possible, please send a scanned copy of the certificate and transcripts (if available) showing as much as possible of the information above.
UCD recognise the appropriate minimum score in the following recognised English Language Examinations:
International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- An average score of 6.5 over all components and a minimum of 6.0 in each band on the Academic Version.
Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) administered by Princeton University
- A minimum score of 600 in the paper-based Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL PBT), with Test of Written English at 475 +.
- In the computer based TOEFL, a minimum score of 250 is required.
- A minimum score of 90 is required in the Internet based based TOEFL (iBT).
Some courses require a higher level of English language competency. Please check with the relevant UCD School.
Please click here to find out information on making an application to UCD.
Tuition fees are based on the course of studies chosen. Full information on fees for specific programmes can be found on the UCD Fees page.