Media Services provide a highly specialised and yet extremely diverse photographic service for University College Dublin. The service is both studio and location based.
Media Services provide advice and practical help in photography, image editing and digital asset management. We also offer training for staff and professional support for digitisation projects, research and publications. We operate a professionally equipped studio for portraiture, product, still life photography, delicate and sensitive materials. We operate a Copystand and large flatbed scanner for digitisation of all types of original material, a large format printer capable of producing archival prints up to A2.
Main features of this service include:
- Curation: View the UCD Image Catalogue section on this website
- Professionally equipped studio
- Portraiture & group photography
- Product & still life photography
- Document & archive photography
- Flatbed scanner, photo restoration
- Large format printer, archival prints up to A2
- Buildings & laboratory photography for virtual tours
How much does the service cost?
The service is free to the UCD community.
What should I consider when planning my photo project?
- When do you want the project completed by? The time of year will be a factor. Summertime will not be a good time to take photos of a busy campus.
- Consider availability of other staff and students that may be involved in your photo project.
- Will you need to store or archive the photos, consider storage or server space when planning your project.
What should I wear?
Please avoid wearing stripes or very dark clothes.
Can the photo be taken in my office?
The photo can be taken anywhere, however Media Services will advise on where the best location is to achieve professional results.