Note: Please review our UCD Knowledge Base articles for support information.
peerScholar enables lecturers to set up a range of peer assessment activities for their students. It is integrated into Brightspace. peerScholar has a strong research basis being developed by faculty from the University of Toronto.
The peerScholar workflow consists of three steps: Create, Assess and Reflect. Each step supports the development of critical and creative thought, and expressive and receptive communication, while giving students a very clear sense of the quality of their own work. peerScholar offers three types of peer assessment:
- Classic - A typical individual peer-assessment assignment where individual students submit their work, assess each other and then receive and reflect on their feedback (with options to revise & resubmit their work)
- Case study - A lecturer can present existing cases for students to evaluate
- Group work - Students work together to create, assess and reflect on an activity . It includes Group Member Evaluation.
Video for lecturers
The following video provides an overview of creating a peerScholar activity and how a student completes it.
- Creating a peerScholar activity (15 mins)
Video for Students
How to guides for lecturers
Grade Transfer to Brightspace
- Go to Gradebook in the left peerScholar menu
- Choose Sync Grades
peerScholar online support: https://support.peerscholar.