Microsoft Office GMetrix LearnKey Online Training and Self-testing
In order to enable staff and students of the University to continue to access Microsoft Office training during the period of the Covid-19 closure, UCD IT Services have sourced online training material and Gmetrix self-testing.
The first step is to access the GMetrix LearnKey training and GMetrix self-testing codes:
Please note: UCD Connect username and password required
Then simply follow the instructions below:
- Login to www.gmetrix.net
- Select Courses from left of screen.
- Click on Start a New Course followed by Redeem New Access Code.
- Enter your access code.
- Select the required application (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) in Session Layout.
- Begin with Pre Assessment and work through the course stages.
- Pre Assessment- which will gauge your level.
- Session 1 - Lesson 1 Videos- Videos bringing you through the course progressively.
- Session Labs- Guided questions for you to apply the skills just learnt.
- Post Assessment- There is a test at the end of the session to assess what you have learnt.
Optional Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) test:
You can choose to take a MOS test and get a Certificate from Microsoft.