How to report an IT Security Incident
What steps can I take to reduce the risk?
- If you think your computer is infected with malware, then please shutdown it down immediately to prevent the infection from spreading to other devices.
- If you believe your UCD Connect account has been compromised, then please change your password immediately using a secure computer.
- If you receive a suspicious spear phishing email impersonating UCD staff, please make your colleagues aware of the potential threat.
- Finally Contact the IT Helpdesk to report the IT Security incident.
What information should I tell the IT Helpdesk?
- The date and time that the incident occurred.
- The name of the system or service affected.
- The type of information that is at risk.
- The operating systems of the laptop or mobile device you were using.
- Your contact details including email address, phone number and building you are located in.
- What steps you have taken to reduce the impact.
Incident Response Procedures
Page updated November 2019