UCD Password Self Service tool
UCD Password Self Service is the University's online password self service tool for your UCD Connect account.
You can access this by going to:
- Password icon on the top right corner of the UCD Connect page.
- Or by going directly to https://selfpass.ucd.ie.
Our password self service tool allows you to:
- Change your password.
- Recover your password yourself, if you have forgotten it.
If you just need to change your password, follow the instructions on screen. An email will be sent to your personal email address notifying you of this change.
Select the Forgotten Password button and follow the instructions on screen.
Notes when using Forgotten Password:
- Your Password Reset email address is the one provided to the University. You will find this in your personal My Profile section of Infohub (for staff) or SISWeb (for students).
- Your Password Reset email address must be a secure non UCD email address.
- If you want to update this personal email address, you can update it in your personal My Profile section in Infohub (for staff) or SISWeb (for students).
- A mail is sent to your personal email address containing a security code. This code is only valid for 20 minutes.
- If the confirmation email containing the code is not in your personal mail address inbox, please check the junk or spam folder.
- You can’t re-use an old password.
- When you have completed the process, an email will be sent to your personal email address notifying you of this change. If this is not in your personal mail address inbox, please check the junk or spam folder
- Be patient. It may take a couple of minutes for your new password to synchronise across all systems.
Choose a strong password
A password is often all that protects your account, sensitive data, financial information and personal files from Cyber-criminals. Choose a strong password.