2019 Research Demonstrator Competition - Funded PhD Opportunities
The Research demonstratorships will be available for up to 4 years full time PhD studies. They will be awarded competitively on academic merit. The start date for these opportunities is 1st September 2019.
The total value of the payment of the Research Demonstratorship programme is valued at €15,000 per annum (tax free) together with up to € 2,000 in travel allowance over the four years. This will include tutorial duties. Successful applicants who do not qualify for any external fee support will in addition be covered for 100% fees.
The closing date for applications is April 5th 2019 with the results anticipated by the end of May. Applications should be made via e-mail to Marian Woods (email@example.com).
An application should include as a single email attachment the following documents (in a single PDF) in order to be considered:
1. State up to three topics of interest. Scroll down to the list below for available topics. Please list them in order of preference.
2. A brief curriculum vitae.
3. A statement of mathematical interest (no more than 500 words).
4. Full copies of academic transcripts (translated to English where applicable).
5. Contact details of two academic references (name, telephone number and email address).
NOTE: After submitting their application, applicants are required to contact the supervisor(s) associated with their listed topic(s) of interest, communicating their interest in the proposed topic(s). However, decisions of acceptance are made by an independent panel.
Shortlisted candidates will be asked to an interview that may be given over Skype.
Associate Professor Xuefeng Cui and Ray McGrath