2023 Research Demonstrator Competition - Funded PhD Opportunities
The UCD School of Mathematics and Statistics Research Demonstratorships are scholarships that fund up to 4 years full-time PhD research. They will be awarded competitively on academic merit. The start date for these opportunities is 1st September 2023.
The total value of the payment of the Research Demonstratorship programme is valued at €18,500 per annum (tax free) together with up to € 2,000 in travel allowance over the four years. This will include tutorial duties. Successful applicants who do not qualify for any external fee support will in addition be covered for 100% fees.
The closing date for applications is April 7th 2023 with results anticipated by end April 2023. Applications should be made via e-mail to Marian Woods (firstname.lastname@example.org).
An application should include as a single email attachment the following documents (in a single PDF) in order to be considered:
1. State up to three topics of interest. Scroll down to the list below for available topics. Please list them in order of preference.
2. A brief curriculum vitae.
3. A statement of mathematical interest (no more than 500 words).
4. Full copies of academic transcripts (translated to English where applicable).
5. Contact details of two academic references (name, telephone number and email address).
6. Evidence that the applicant meets UCD’s English language requirement as detailed here: https://www.ucd.ie/registry/
NOTE: After submitting their application, applicants are required to email the supervisor(s) associated with their listed topic(s) of interest, communicating their interest in the proposed topic(s). However, decisions of acceptance are made by an independent panel.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to an interview, that may take place virtually.