Situated on a modern, dedicated and self-contained campus in South Dublin, Our Lady's Hospice in Harold's Cross provides palliative care, rheumatology rehabilitation, care of older persons and re-ablement specialist services.
Our Lady's Hospice in Harold's Cross was established in 1879 by the Congregation of the Religious Sisters of Charity. The Congregation was founded in Dublin by Mary Aikenhead in 1815, in response to the grinding poverty pervading the city. At that time the incidence of TB in Dublin was twice that of London and Glasgow while the incidences of typhoid and measles were triple that of London.
All-Ireland Institute for Hospice & Palliative Care
UCD and Our Lady's Hospice participate in a twelve institution, all-island collaboration designed to improve the quality of palliative care through education, research and policy development.