Reversing End Organ Damage Through Diabetes Surgery
UCD School of Medicine and Medical Science will host a study day on 26 August 2013 entitled: Reversing End Organ Damage Through Diabetes Surgery. The event is targeted towards all health care professionals interested in treating diabetes and its complications.
The programme brings together experts in diabetes, metabolic surgery and diabetic kidney disease from across the world.
The format is designed to update and inform participants with regard to the latest developments and best practice in this evolving area.
- Updates from the randomized controlled trials in diabetes surgery
- What mechanisms after surgery are responsible for the reversal of end organ damage
- Update from rodent models of diabetes surgery
- The EndoBarrier and Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy as emerging new treatments for diabetes and Health
- Economic benefits of reversing end organ damage.
For a full list of speakers and topics, download the study day flyer: Download