James B. Coakley Medal for Dissection 2015
There are fine lines in surgery where life and death decisons have to be made at the end of a scalpel. The James B. Coakley Medal for Dissection in honour of a former Professor of Anatomy at UCD is awarded for the best dissection of a given body part.
Competition for the James B. Coakley Medal for Dissection is open only to:
- Registered students in the second and third stages of Medicine (undergraduate entry)
- Registered students in the first and second stages of Medicine (graduate entry)
- Registered students in the first and second years of the Bachelor of Radiography degree
- Registered students in the first and second years of a Bachelor of Physiotherapy degree
- Registered students in the first and second years of the Bachelor of Biomedical, Health & Life Sciences degree
This is a highly sought after award that will provide a small select number of students a privileged opportunity to work with a precious educational resource. The Professor of Anatomy reserves the right to apply internal criteria to determine which candidates may enter the competition for the dissection prize.
Application form and further information about the Medal are available here James B. Coakley Medal 2015