Prof Last Appointed to Senior University Position
We offer our congratulations and thanks to Prof Jason Last, Associate Dean for Programmes & Educational Innovation who has been appointed to a new University role, Dean of Students.
Prof Last has been a member of academic staff in the Dept of Anatomy since 2000. He has held several senior leadership positions within the School following his appointment as Director of Preclinical Education in 2007 and his current role, Director of Education Development & Academic Affairs in 2014. In these roles he has represented the School, College and University with distinction in a number of major initiatives including the introduction of Graduate Entry Medicine, the development of Penang Medical College, the development of new and enhancement of existing programmes.
Prof Last has been
- Inaugural Director of our Graduate Entry Medicine programme
- Deputy Chair of the Medicine Programmes Board
- has established and chaired the School's Teaching & Learning Strategy Group
- been academic lead in the design of, and relocation to the Medical School's Health Science Centre facilties,
- A member of the Penang Medical College Academic Executive,
- A member of the School Executive Management Committee
- A member of the School Management Team.
He has chaired
- the College of Health & Agricultural Science Education Group
- the College of Health Science Global Engagement Group,
- the University's Student Mental Health Policcy Working Group,
- the University's Continuous Professional Development Board of Studies Working Group
- the University's Digitalisation Challenge Working Group.
Prof Last has also represented the University on various national and international committees. He has chaired the CORU Radiographers Registration Board, been a Board Member of IPPOSI, and a member of the Universitas 21 Health Sciences Group. Prof Last has created the School's Education Development and Technology-Enhanced Learning support group and has led the School's initial engagements in China.
Jason's new role within the Registrar's team will see him lead the implementation of the University's strategies to enhance the student experience. Associate Professor Marie Clarke has also been appointed as Dean for Undergraduate Studies. We take this opportunity to wish Jason well in his new role and thank him for his considerable achievements on behalf of the School.