Medical Emergency Responders: Integration & Training
The project’s aims include:-
Establishment of structures to train, equip, monitor and integrate general practitioners into delivery of agreed aspects of pre-hospital emergency care
- Exploration of the establishment of liaison structures between general practitioners, Ambulance Services and GP co-operatives in these regions.
- To facilitate the provision of defibrillators for use by general practitioners within their current practice settings.
- To explore the development of functional links between the PHECC, the healthcare professions and pre-hospital emergency care delivery.
- To explore the potential for establishment of a PHECC NQEMT (healthcare professionals) register.
- To develop a model for national roll-out of integrated pre-hospital emergency care structures.
- To establish systems aimed at the provision of specific forms of advanced care by small groups of trained and well supported doctors, working in close co-operation with the Ambulance Services.
To date, more than 500 GP practices across Ireland participate in the MERIT Project. Please contact us if you would like more information.
Project Manager: Ms Mairéad Egan | Tel: 01 716 6640 | Fax: 01 716 6549 | email: email@example.com