U3D Printing Expo
U3D is Dublin’s first full-service, commercial-level, 3D printing facility. Located at University College Dublin, U3D offers researchers, design professionals, and the general public access to the most cutting edge technology.
Unlike most retail and on-line service providers, U3D can print in stainless steel, bronze, silver, cobalt-chromium, gold, nylon, t-glas, ninja-flex, lay-woo-D3, laybrick, conductive filament, and glow-in the dark options, as well as the standard rainbow of PLA and ABS offerings. Entry is Free of Charge.
The schedule is as diverse as 3D printing itself with a variety of demonstrations, lectures, training sessions and attractions to cater to every sector and industry:
- 11:00 Exhibition floor opening
- 12:00 Lecture by Prof. James Jones, UCD “3D Printing in the Anatomical Sciences”
- 12:45 Ribbon cutting by Prof. Andrew Deeks, President of UCD
- 14:00 Free introductory course on 3D file generation
- 15:00 Lecture by Dr. Andrew Folan, NCAD “Touching the Constructs of your Dreams”
- 16:00 Lecture by Prof. Debra Laefer, UCD “3D Printing: Yesterday, Today, and Especially Tomorrow”
- 17:15 Door Prize Drawings
- 17:30 ArcInfo event (invitation only)
- 18:00 Exhibition floor closing
- 11:00-18:00 – Try a 3Doodler Pen (continuously)
For more information, please see www.u3d.ie, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (01) 716-3299.