Palliative Care in Neurodegeneration Workshop
The Palliative Care in Neurodegeneration Interdisciplinary Workshop will be hosted by UCC School of Medicine on 27th May 2016in the Kingsley Hotel, Cork. Under the themes of advance care planning, care at home / 24-hour care, methodologiesand personhood in advanced dementia, this one-day workshop will bring researchers together from multiple disciplines to discuss ‘Palliative care in Neurodegeneration, with a focus on dementia’, using multiple approaches to optimise networking opportunities and cross-discipline learning.
Confirmed speakers will include:
- Prof David Oliver, Honorary Reader at the University of Kent (Plenary speaker)
- Prof Joe Eustace, Director HRB Clinical Research Facility Cork
- Dr Karen Harrison Dening, Head of Research & Evaluation Dementia UK
- Dr Kate Irving, Dublin City University
- Prof George Kernohan, Ulster University
- Prof Adrian Treloar, Consultant in Old Age Psychiatry Oxleas NHS Foundation Trust
Applications for poster competition and travel bursaries (to the value of €50) are invited from early career researchers in any related discipline (i.e. researchers currently undertaking a PhD, postdoctoral studies, or equivalent) with an application deadline of 5 pm, Tueday, 3rd May 2016.
If you wish to apply, please email Dr Siobhan Fox at email@example.com with your details, poster title and abstract attached in Word.
For further details, please click the link here or download the brochure here - Palliative Care in Neurodegeneration Workshop - Call for Poster Abstracts.
Please note that this event is not organised by the UCD School of Medicine. Details are posted here to help publicise the event. The School does not accept responsibility for any inaccuracies or changes to the event which may occur. Please liaise directly with the event organisers.