Recordings of Centre presentations, such as the Newman Centre Online Public Lectures and the Newman Centre Annual Special Lectures, will be posted here.
Newman Centre Online Public Lectures 2021/22
1. Roja Fazaeli (TCD Near & Middle Eastern Studies): 'Female Religious Authority in Muslim Majority Contexts: Past Examples and Modern State-initiatives.'
2. Maebh Harding (UCD Law): 'Article 41, Catholic teachings and the ossification of Victorian family power structures in Irish Law.'
3. Jenny Butler (UCC Religions): 'Contemporary Paganism, Magic and Megaliths.'
4. Bryan Fanning (UCD Social Policy, Work and Justice): 'Public moralities: How religious understandings of human nature and psychological understandings of the self influence the culture wars.'
Newman Centre Online Public Lectures 2020/21
1. Elise Alonzi (UCD Archaeology): 'Who Were the Monks? Contextualising Participation in Medieval Irish Ecclesiastical Communities within Current Conceptions of Human Mobility.'
2. Katherine O'Donnell (UCD Philosophy): 'Why I am Not Not a Buddhist.'
3. Martin Pickup (Oriel College, Oxford): 'Could Prayer Work?'
4. Jonathan Greig (Austrian Academy of the Sciences and NeoplAT ERC Project): 'Thinking About Society and Religion with Plato and David Foster Wallace.'