Recognised Prior Learning (RPL) applications must be submitted online through your SISWeb account.
There are two instances in which you can apply to have recognised prior learning taken into account when applying for a programme in UCD.
1. RPL for admission to a UCD programme
If you are a prospective student seeking admission to UCD and you do not meet the required admissions criteria as set down for a particular programme of study in UCD, you may apply to be admitted based on prior learning. Please click here for a link to the policy and guidance on admission based on experiential learning.
2. RPL for exemption from a module or modules on a UCD programme
If you have been accepted onto a UCD programme and wish to have credit transferred towards the requirements of the UCD programme of study, you may apply for RPL from a module or modules.
When applying for RPL, please note the following:
- You must submit your application for RPL as early as possible and preferably before you commence the relevant module/stage/programme.
- An application for RPL relating to a particular module should be submitted before the third week of the trimester in which it is offered. Applications made after this date will only be accepted under exceptional circumstances.
- Your application will be reviewed by the Taught Graduate Standing Committee and Programme Board. You can expect to hear of the outcome or status of your application typically within four to six weeks of submitting it (depending on committee schedules).
- Please note that in some cases your application may not be successful or you may not receive RPL for the amount of credit for which you applied, therefore you must register for, attend and participate in the module or modules until you have been informed of the decision of the School Programme Board.
- If your application is not successful, you are responsible for all assessments associated with the module.
TO APPLY FOR RPL PLEASE CLICK ON THE FOLLOWING LINK: https://sisweb.ucd.ie/usis/W_HU_MENU.P_PUBLISH?p_tag=APPLY
Please read the UCD Policy on Recognition of Prior Learning at this link: UCD Policy on Recognition of Prior Learning