Move or Grow to Save a Bro
At the UCD School of Public Health, Physiotherapy and Sports Science, our staff, researchers and students are actively involved in teaching, researching and studying health and wellbeing for all. In November 2022, to coincide with Movember, we focussed on men’s health.
We set up a team of fearless Mo Bros and Mo Sistas who volunteered to either
- Grow a mo; or
- Move 60kms during November
to help raise funds and awareness for men’s health.
The team grew magnificent mos and moved hundreds of kms during the month. In addition, the team received hundreds of euro in donations which will go to men's health charities and research via Movember. The team's progress was tracked on Twitter, Instagram and ie.movember.com.
The Team: Moving and Growing!
If you wish to donate, please go to ie.movember.com or scan:
The Rules (there were only a few)
- We looked for Mo Bros and Mo Sistas to join our team! You could either Move or Grow, the choice was yours.
- Move: Run, walk, swim or roll 60km over the month for the 60 men we lose to suicide every hour across the world; or
- Grow: Grow a moustache: Your face will raise funds and awareness for men’s health.
- People could join the team by signing up at ie.movember.com (or scanning the QR code above) and then joining the UCD School of Public Health, Physiotherapy and Sports Science team.
- For those who chose to Move…
- Hit it fast, take it slow, run solo, roll your way, join a team, go outside or jump on a treadmill. Just aim to move 60kms during Movember.
- For those who chose to Grow…
- Start clean-shaven at the start of the month – take a pic!
- For the entire month of Movember, each Mo Bro must grow and groom a moustache.
- Don’t fake it. No beards, no goatees and no fake moustaches.
- Use the power of the moustache to create conversation and raise funds for men’s health.
- Each Mo Bro must conduct himself like a true gentleman.
- For both our Movers and our Growers, team members progress pics were uploaded to this website and Twitter and Instagram.
- For those who couldn't Move or Grow this time, they could still join in the fun by following us on Twitter/Instagram and/or donating.
“Look after your mo, and your mo will look after you”.