Social and Behavioural Studies (Geary Institute)
- Institutes, Centres & Themes
- Clinical Epidemiology Group
- Sport and Performance
- Food and Health
- Physiotherapy, Rehabilitation & Health
- Social and Behavioural Studies (Geary Institute)
- Occupational & Environmental Studies
- ETSEA study
- UCD Centre for Food Safety
- UCD Centre for Translational Pain Research
- UCD Institute for Sport & Health
- Other Useful Links
- Researcher Spotlight
Several school members are active in the research programme of the UCD Geary Institute, which is the country's leading social science research centre. Research programmes in which school members are actively participating include: the evaluation of the Preparing For Life (PFL) early childhood intervention taking place in Dublin; the Irish Universities Study, a longitudinal study of students across the seven Irish Universities; the Survey of Health Ageing and Retirement in Europe, a major longitudinal study of ageing taking place across Europe; and the Irish national food risk perception study, a study of risk perceptions of the food supply that collects survey data every month in Ireland.
School members contribute to the active seminar and events culture at the Institute and PhD students in the School are also active in Geary Institute projects.