Now enrolling for our live online course starting November 2020
Professional Diploma in Digital Transformation Management
Are you ready to break the mould of traditional business tactics? Have you been looking for new ways of working?
Have you been wondering how to innovate and position your organisation for growth? If you have, this dynamic and exciting course in digitalisation is likely to provide some of the answers! Digital strategic thinking is helping organisations to transform how they do business, revolutionising their operating models and facilitating change.
Whether your main goals are to increase profitability, broaden your markets, improve customer experiences, strengthen your teams, or simply adapt to better withstand external threats, the insights and knowledge you acquire on this course will help you achieve them.
You can secure your place with a deposit of 5% and pay the rest in instalments. Part time students can avail of our 50-50 payment plan, whereby 50% of the fees are due upon commencement and the balance of 50% is due 30 days after you start the course. Full fees are due before commencing a 1-week Boot Camp.
98% of our students say they would take another course with us. Give your career an advantage: Enrol or inquire today.
- • Introduction to Digital Transformation
- • The Difference Between Digitisation, Digitalisation and Digital Transformation
- • A Digital-Inclusive Business Strategy
- • Digitalisation in the Organisational Business Model
- • Digital Transformation Analysis of Business Processes
- • Leadership and Change Inside Digital
- • How Digital Can Help in Getting to Know Your Market
- • Modern market channels: using digitalisation in your omnichannel
- • Align Convergence by Controlling Your Commercial Objectives
- • Surviving in a Digital Era
- • A Digitised Shift in Thinking
- • Managing the Digitalised Future
Supported learning with live, online lectures.
Evening class: 3 hours per lesson, once a week for 12 weeks.
Delivered through an interactive online learning environment with supplementary learning resources.
6.30 pm - 9.30 pm weekday evenings
Next course dates
Thursday 19 November 2020 - Thursday 18 February 2021
What to expect
- Learn from experienced business professionals via live lectures accessed from your laptop (see more about our online offering in the FAQs below).
- Discover transformational thinking and tactics that you will be able to apply directly to your own organisation
- Experience lively group discussions, group exercises, videos, and case study analysis as a part of your learning.
- Recommended reading will help you further develop your understanding of the themes and ideas discussed during lectures.
Supported learning with live, online lectures
There are no minimum requirements for this course in terms of academic and/or professional qualifications. It is likely that you will be someone with an interest in business development, business organisation, and business processes who wants to develop an understanding of the benefits of digitalisation and how growth and technological advancement can be facilitated by digital transformation.
You may be a manager, business owner, entrepreneur, or other decision-maker within an organisation.
Having completed this course, you will be able to connect the concepts and outcomes of digital transformation management. You will understand the strategic impact of digitalisation on organisations. You will be able to:
- Describe and discuss key digitalisation concepts and their importance in efficient business operations.
- Detail a variety of digitalisation strategies and styles applicable in defined situations.
- Explain the historical development and varying perspectives concerning digitalisation.
- Recommend management actions and decision-making processes in a variety of digitalisation contexts.
Online courses can be accessed from any computer or laptop with an internet connection. You do not need special software. You will be given access to our Student Portal, where you can see your timetable, access your study materials, and manage your account.
Lectures are delivered using Zoom, and login details and instructions on how to join a Zoom meeting can be found in your Student Portal. During the live lectures, you can interact with your instructor via the chat function. When appropriate, students will be encouraged to activate their microphone so that they can ask questions and communicate with other students. You do not have to enable your camera if you don’t want to.
Lecturers use communication technology interactively to ensure an engaging learning experience for all students. Lectures are recorded and available for download following each session. Throughout the course, the Student Services team is on hand to support you.
Our online experience is designed to be just as interactive, supportive, and inspiring as the UCD campus experience. Online courses will continue to be available in the future, too.
The Professional Diploma in Digital Transformation Management course is assessed through a weekly learner log and minimum attendance requirements. Your learner log will be submitted online.
Your UCD Professional Diploma will be issued electronically on a secure platform, with a link that you can share with employers and others wishing to verify your credentials. You’ll also be able to add the diploma to your LinkedIn profile to demonstrate your achievement to your network as well as recruiters and potential employers searching for individuals with your skills and experience.
This Professional Diploma is not on the National Framework of Qualifications as a credit-bearing course. This is not unusual for professional courses of this nature, where the need is for fresh and actionable skills (in a shorter form course) that are demonstrated immediately in the workplace.
For part-time courses we have the below payment options:
- Full payment before the start of the course
- 5% deposit to secure the student's place and paying the remaining balance in instalments before the start of the course
- 50-50 payment option (students will be required to pay 50% of the fees before the start of the course, with the remaining balance due within 30 days of the course commencing)
Please note that standard terms and conditions apply, which you can review here: https://www.ucd.ie/professionalacademy/terms-and-conditions/
A Professional Diploma is a relatively short, practical course that provides learners with up-to-date skills in a professional area. Because of their tight focus and duration, they are stand-alone qualifications and are not referenced to NFQ levels or university degree/diploma courses.
Professional Diplomas are suitable for learners wishing to advance their professional skills and career prospects, rather than their academic credentials. Professional Diplomas are generally not accepted for transfer credit onto academic courses, but are widely recognised and valued by employers.