Now enrolling for our live online course starting September 2020
Professional Diploma in Social Media Marketing
Get certified in Social Media Marketing in just 10 weeks! If social media mastery is your goal, this is the perfect course to take you there.
Social media platforms offer unlimited ways for businesses to connect with their customers, but with so many variables at play and the reputation of carefully built brands at stake, it is easy to become overwhelmed.
From research to strategy to content creation to implementation and monitoring, this globally recognised course will equip you with the skills you need to win at social media marketing.
UCD has partnered with the Digital Marketing Institute to provide you with the highly coveted DMI Digital Marketing Specialist accreditation upon successful completion of this course.
- 8 out of 10 graduates have been promoted after completing a DMI course
- 88% of DMI graduates are now working at senior or management level
- An average Social Media Marketing Manager salary in Ireland €37,000
You can secure your place with a deposit of 5% and pay the rest in instalments. Part time students can avail of our 50-50 payment plan, whereby 50% of the fees are due upon commencement and the balance of 50% is due 30 days after you start the course. Full fees are due before commencing a 1-week Boot Camp.
98% of our students say they would take another course with us. Give your career an advantage: Enrol or inquire today.
- • Social Research
- • Content Creation
- • Content Outreach
- • Snapchat & Instagram
- • YouTube and Social Video
- • Social Customer Service
- • Strategy and Planning
Supported learning with live, online lectures.
Evening class: 3 hours per lesson, once a week for 10 weeks.
Delivered through an interactive online learning environment with supplementary learning resources.
6.30 pm - 9.30 pm, 1 weekday evening per week
Next course dates
Online evening course:
Wednesday 23 September - Wednesday 2 December 2020
Thursday 15 October - Thursday 17 December 2020
What to expect
- Learn from experienced business professionals via live lectures accessed from your laptop (see more about our online offering in the FAQs below).
- Become proficient at harnessing the idiosyncratic systems of each social media platform for business success with unbeatable strategies and captivating content.
- Experience lively group discussions, group exercises, videos, and case study analysis as a part of your learning.
- Access a Digital Marketing Institute Membership for the sharpest insights and opportunities.
- Sit one three-hour exam at the end of the course. On successful completion, you will receive your Specialist Certificate which carries the coveted Digital Marketing Institute accreditation and associated brand recognition.
Supported learning with live, online lectures
You do not need to have any prior experience or qualifications for this course. This course is aimed at someone who is or expects to be responsible for the planning, execution and management of social media campaigns.
You may be:
- a business owner
- a social media specialist
- a business executive
- a digital marketer
- an entrepreneur
- someone looking for a change in career
Digital Marketing Institute (DMI) certifications are highly sought after by employers. According to the DMI:
- 92% of their members said that the course has had a positive impact on their career
- 81% of their members have been promoted after completing one of the courses
- 88% of their members are working at senior or management level
Online courses can be accessed from any computer or laptop with an internet connection. You do not need special software. You will be given access to our Student Portal, where you can see your timetable, access your study materials, and manage your account.
Lectures are delivered using Zoom, and login details and instructions on how to join a Zoom meeting can be found in your Student Portal. During the live lectures, you can interact with your instructor via the chat function. When appropriate, students will be encouraged to activate their microphone so that they can ask questions and communicate with other students. You do not have to enable your camera if you don’t want to.
Lecturers use communication technology interactively to ensure an engaging learning experience for all students. Lectures are recorded and available for download following each session. Throughout the course, the Student Services team is on hand to support you.
Our online experience is designed to be just as interactive, supportive, and inspiring as the UCD campus experience. Online courses will continue to be available in the future, too.
The Professional Diploma in Social Media Marketing is assessed by one three-hour exam. Exams are administered by our computer-based testing partner, Pearson Vue, via its global network of test centres. Candidates need to achieve a minimum of 60% to pass the exam. If you are studying an online course, your assessments will also be submitted online.
Your examination fee is included in the course price but subsequent re-sits due to failed attempts will incur a fee of approximately €60 or local currency equivalent. You have 3 attempts to pass your examination. The re-sit fee is payable directly to Pearson Vue when you book your repeat attempt.
Upon successful completion of the Professional Diploma in Social Media Marketing exam, you will become a Certified Digital Marketing Specialist of the Digital Marketing Institute (DMI). The DMI is the global body for digital marketing education and certification, with courses designed and developed by practising digital marketing professionals.
You will also be awarded a Professional Diploma from the UCD Professional Academy. Your UCD Professional Diploma will be issued electronically on a secure platform, with a link that you can share with employers and others wishing to verify your credentials. You’ll also be able to add both diplomas to your LinkedIn profile to demonstrate your achievement to your network as well as recruiters and potential employers searching for individuals with your skills and experience.
This Professional Diploma is not on the National Framework of Qualifications as a credit-bearing course. This is not unusual for professional courses of this nature, where the need is for fresh and actionable skills (in a shorter form course) that are demonstrated immediately in the workplace.
For part-time courses we have the below payment options:
- Full payment before the start of the course
- 5% deposit to secure the student's place and paying the remaining balance in instalments before the start of the course
- 50-50 payment option (students will be required to pay 50% of the fees before the start of the course, with the remaining balance due within 30 days of the course commencing)
Please note that standard terms and conditions apply, which you can review here: https://www.ucd.ie/professionalacademy/terms-and-conditions/
A Professional Diploma is a relatively short, practical course that provides learners with up-to-date skills in a professional area. Because of their tight focus and duration, they are stand-alone qualifications and are not referenced to NFQ levels or university degree/diploma courses.
Professional Diplomas are suitable for learners wishing to advance their professional skills and career prospects, rather than their academic credentials. Professional Diplomas are generally not accepted for transfer credit onto academic courses, but are widely recognised and valued by employers.