Hurry! Save 10% on upcoming courses! Enrol before 31st May.
Hurry! Save 10% on upcoming courses! Enrol before 31st May.
Choose Your Start Date
Browse our upcoming live online classes. Download your brochure to learn more.
Starts 20 Sep — Ends 06 Dec 23
- Live online lectures with an industry expert
- 12 weeks: One 3 hour lecture per week
- Wednesdays, 6.30pm - 9.30pm
Secure your place with a 10% deposit and pay the rest in instalments. Flexible payment options available.
Why UCD Professional Academy?
- Valuable, trusted qualification
- Industry expert lecturers
- Flexible learning options
€38,000 / Annual
Social Media Manager Salary in Ireland
The average social media manager salary in Ireland is €38,000 per year. Entry level positions start at €29,000 per year while more experienced workers make up to €50,000 per year.
Salary data source: indeed.com, 11th January 2023
Salary data source: indeed.com, 11th January 2023
Social Media Marketing Course Modules
This comprehensive course will equip you with the specialist skills and knowledge you need to craft extraordinary social media strategies. You’ll learn about tools, discover research techniques, and be able to identify cultural and industry trends as you blend great content with smart tactics to extend your reach and engagement. You will build personal relationships while communicating with millions, if not billions, of people around the world.
Or browse our wide range of expert-led online courses and grow your career potential today.
1. Introduction to Social Media Marketing & Strategy
Basic principles and concepts about social media and social channels in marketing.
- Basic mechanics of social media today
- Which brands are succeeding today and why
- How a social media strategy is structured, documented and used
2. Facebook and the Meta Ecosystem
Facebook offers unrivalled opportunities to reach a global audience. Learn how to find and engage with your ideal customers. Understand Facebook’s formats, and how it integrates with the wider marketing strategy.
- Walkthrough of Facebook Business Suite and its core functionality
- Utilising Facebook Groups for organic community building
- Integrating Facebook with your wider digital marketing
3. Instagram for Business
Discover how to connect with the audiences on Instagram. Generating content, building an audience, and measuring with Instagram
- Growing an engaged audience on Instagram
- Collaborating with brands and influencers
- Content creation, curation and scheduling
- Analytics using Instagram and other tools
4. B2B Social Media and Social Selling with LinkedIn
Learn the B2B principles, social selling, and tactics for LinkedIn, the world’s largest professional network. Understand the complex mix that goes into a best-in-class LinkedIn presence.
- Principles of B2B marketing
- Integrating with the sales funnel to drive results
- Social selling – what it is and how businesses utilise it to feed the pipeline
- Growing a community around your brand on LinkedIn
Discover what makes a winning Twitter account. Learn how to craft content that is both short and impactful, and run paid campaigns to increase your reach and results.
- Walkthrough of all functionality
- Creating conversational media to build engagement
- Gaining allies and respect through collaboration, curation and utilising Spaces
6. Social Media Advertising
The economics of PPC and practical steps to apply them in leading platforms
- Walkthrough of Facebook Ads Manager (Facebook, Instagram and Messenger)
- Overview of other leading platforms (LinkedIn, TikTok, Pinterest and Twitter)
- Driving results in key use cases
7. Social Video – TikTok, Snapchat & YouTube
How video platforms work for marketers; content strategy and hands-on application
- How modern brands are successfully using video in their social media mix
- Content strategy for video – creation, curation, influencers
- Practical exercise using free online tools – edit a YouTube video with transitions, graphics & captions
8. Social Content Creation Workshop
An applied workshop on text, copy, image, video and editing. Complete a practical exercise challenging you to write more eye-catching posts. Learn what makes great images and the principles behind them. Take inspiration from Hollywood to make our videos resonate with audiences.
- Image creation
- Video Production
9. Influencer Marketing
Planning, finding and executing an influencer marketing campaign.
- Planning an influencer campaign
- Finding the right influencers to work with
- Executing successful influencer campaigns
10. Social Listening, Customer Service & Crisis Management
Discover how the best brands work hard to deliver that personal touch through social media. Conduct research, learn how to truly listen to your customers, and provide excellent customer service.
- Audience research through social media listening
- Providing effective customer service through social channels
- Organising companies and teams to handle social customer service
- Social media monitoring to proactively find issues with your company being talked about online
11. Social Measurement and Analytics
Learn the basic principles of social media analytics and the tools used to gather and measure this data. Make sense of audience data and turn it into actionable insights.
- Basic principles of social media analytics explained – the how, what and why
- Introduction to the key native tools from Facebook, LinkedIn et al
- How to create actionable insights – data that leads to decisions
- How to present social media marketing reports effectively
12. Case Study – Work Through a Real Brief Together
A hands-on recap of all aspects of the course through a practical session that examines and responds to a social media marketing brief.
- Quick recap of what is covered in the course
- Work through the real campaign brief and unpack what it tells us
- Work on different parts of the brief e.g. ideas, media plan, etc,
- Putting it all together into a campaign plan
What our Alumni Say
The lecturer was very approachable and open and I found that the examples used were always current and relevant. I had a brilliant experience and the course gave me exactly what I was looking for to start my own business – I look forward to applying all of my new knowledge!Professional Diploma in Social Media Marketing
Digital Marketing Specialist, The Social Market
I would absolutely recommend the Professional Diploma in Social Media Marketing. I found our lecturer to be very knowledgeable and was great at giving advice. When he didn’t know the answer to a question he would always find out! It has certainly opened my eyes to career options available to me that I didn’t realise I could do.Professional Diploma in Social Media Marketing
I thoroughly enjoyed this course and found it extremely interesting and informative. My favourite thing about attending my course was learning about the case studies and real life examples of a company’s social media marketing campaign or strategy.Professional Diploma in Social Media Marketing
Digital MarketingFind Out More
Content Writing for MarketingFind Out More
PR and Marketing CommunicationsFind Out More
Digital Media DesignFind Out More
Access to thousands of journals, articles and papers. Free of charge.
Students taking part in this course will now have access to the EBSCO Online Library, free of charge, for the full duration of the course. Here you can browse thousands of relevant journals, articles and other reliable academic and commercial texts like the Harvard Business Review, Bloomberg Businessweek and Forbes Magazine, to supplement your learning and assignments.Download Brochure
We've trained the employees of
Relevant skills for your team, results for you.
Whether you’re interested in making your training budget work harder with volume discounts across our standard portfolio, or have bespoke training needs to be addressed, we’ll help you level up. Our team of upskilling experts are ready to take the pain out of meeting your training targets.Talk to our experts
Frequently Asked Questions
Is this course right for me?
You do not need to have any prior experience or qualifications for this course. This course is aimed at someone who is or expects to be responsible for the planning, execution, and management of social media campaigns.
You may be:
A business owner
A social media specialist
A business executive
A digital marketer
Someone looking for a change in career
How will this course help with my career?
Digital marketers work in all kinds of sectors, in companies of every size and type.
What is the student experience like?
Student care is a high priority at UCD Professional Academy, which is why our Student Services team is on hand to support you throughout your time with us. They will respond to any queries you have, help you with any technical issues, and facilitate your learning experience at every point. All students are given access to our Student Portal, where you can see your timetable, access all your study materials, and manage your account.
What is the online learning experience like?
Our online experience is designed to be just as interactive, supportive, and inspiring as the UCD Professional Academy campus experience.
Online courses can be accessed from any computer or laptop with an internet connection.
Live lectures are delivered using Zoom. During these lectures, your teachers will use technology interactively to ensure an engaging learning experience. When appropriate, students will be encouraged to activate their microphones so that they can ask questions and communicate with other students.
How is this course assessed?
This course is assessed through a practical project where students create a credible social media marketing campaign addressing specific challenges and circumstances. The project takes the format of a presentation, as it would be presented to stakeholders in your own organisation or business. You will have two weeks following the end of the course to complete and submit the final assignment.
How do I get my Professional Academy Diploma?
Your UCD Professional Academy Diploma will be issued electronically on a secure platform, with a link that you can share with employers and others wishing to verify your credentials. You can also add this qualification to your LinkedIn profile.
What are the benefits of a Professional Diploma?
UCD Professional Academy diplomas and awards are designed to give your career an advantage. Developed in conjunction with industry thought leaders our courses teach practical, applied skills to support you to achieve your career and business goals. Professional Diplomas are suitable for career minded learners wishing to advance their professional skills and prospects rather than their academic credentials.
The Professional Academy is an independent wholly owned part of UCD designed to address the need for skills development in the workforce. Courses tend to be short, designed and delivered by industry practitioners, and are not part of nor do they lead to a traditional University award such as a degree or a masters. They are widely accepted by employers and many students are sponsored to study by their organisation.
For full details of UCD Professional Academy’s Awards & Governance please visit https://www.ucd.ie/professionalacademy/governance/
What payment options are available?
A place on any of our programmes can be secured with a 10% deposit.
For full-time (boot camp) programmes, the balance must be paid in full before course commencement.
For part-time programmes students will be required to pay 40% of the fees before the start of the course, with the remaining balance due within 30 days of the course commencing.
Please note that standard terms and conditions apply, which you can review here: https://www.ucd.ie/professionalacademy/terms-and-conditions/
Ready to start?
It’s easy - you’re just a few secure clicks away
- Weekly live online classes
- 36 hours of course material
- Complete in 12 weeks
- Online classes delivered via Zoom