Hurry! Save 10% on select upcoming courses! Enrol before 13th February.
Hurry! Save 10% on select upcoming courses! Enrol before 13th February.Download Brochure
Browse our upcoming live online classes. Download your brochure to learn more.
Starts 17 May — Ends 25 Oct 23
- Live online lectures with an industry expert
- 24 weeks: One 3 hour lecture per week
- Wednesdays, 6.30pm - 9.30pm
Secure your place with a 10% deposit and pay the rest in instalments. Flexible payment options available.
Why UCD Professional Academy?
- Valuable, trusted qualification
- Industry expert lecturers
- Flexible learning options
€79,000 / Annual
Senior HR Manager Salary in Ireland
The average Senior HR Manager salary in Ireland is €79,000 per year. Entry level positions start at €52,000 per year while more experienced workers make up to €85,000 per year.
Salary data source: indeed.com, 11th January 2023
Salary data source: indeed.com, 11th January 2023
Specialist HR Management Course Modules
Develop your ability to deliver customer service-led best practice and create HR solutions for leaders, managers, and employees regardless of role level or industry. Understand HR’s key trends and emerging themes.
This advanced course will teach you best practice, approaches and strategies, recent case law, relevant legislation, and emerging trends in your sector. You will learn how to drive high performance within the HR function and across an organisation to enhance its competitive advantage, employer brand, and employee retention. You will understand how to use global HR research, trends, and technology to deliver a cutting-edge HR service in public or private organisations.
Or browse our wide range of expert-led online courses and grow your career potential today.
1. Course Introduction
Learn what to expect on the course, including aims, trends and topics, and assessment. Understand how strategic HR can consistently add value through a best practice approach spanning the employee lifecycle.
- Course objectives
- Key trends in HR
- Leader focus
- Assessment overview and essay brief
2. Workforce Planning
Learn about best practice approaches to planning for a post-pandemic ‘hybrid office’.
- Planning for the 'hybrid office'
- Planning process steps and flowchart
- Data analytics
3. Talent Acquisition - Candidate Attraction & Experience
earn how to attract and welcome talent while making use of the latest technologies and platforms as you deliver a strong employer brand.
- Artificial intelligence and technology
- Online platforms and advertising channels
- Creating a great candidate experience
- Building a strong employer brand
4. Talent Acquisition - Competency & Skills Selection
Discover the role of Artificial Intelligence (AI), psychometric testing and other tests in recruitment. Learn to make sense of skills and competencies during selection processes.
- AI, aptitude testing, and psychometrics
- Fair selection process - employment legislation
- Skills and competency selection techniques
5. Talent Acquisition - Pre-Employment Checks, Offer Management & Candidate Feedback
Learn best practice and relevant legislation during pre-employment steps. Discover strategies for managing candidate offers and how to develop great candidate experience and employer brand through feedback.
- References, medical, and criminal checks
- Best practice and legislation
- External versus internal: managing offers
- Beating the competition
- Driving great candidate experience
- Employer brand
6. Employment Contracts
Understand the dos and don’ts of employment legislation and contracts, especially when it comes to remote working, fixed-term contracts, and contingency workers.
- Remote working legislation
- Employment contract legislation
- Types of contracts
7. New Joiner Experience & Remote Onboarding
Learn how to create great onboarding experiences for new employees, in the office and remotely.
- Great new joiner experiences
- Remote working onboarding
- Designing a great induction programme
8. Probation Management
Learn how best to manage probation and underperformance during probation.
- Probation legislation and case law
- Best practice probation management
- Managing underperformance during probation
9. Performance Development Culture
Discover approaches for fostering and supporting a high-performance organisation. Learn to drive a culture of trust, partnership, and employee ownership.
- The performance management cycle
- Performance evaluation descriptors and approaches
10. Managing Underperformance - Coaching & Feedback
Understand how you can support leaders and employees to address underperformance, including models that aid with difficult conversations.
- Coaching models
- Feedback models
- Leadership and executive development
11. Career Framework Design
Learn best practices in designing a career framework that supports the organisation.
- Designing career ladders
- Building objective fair descriptor content
- Role and level grading methodology
12. Talent Management & Succession Planning
Discover ways to ensure continued business success through talent, including how effective succession planning leads to engagement and retention.
- Succession planning overview
- Six box grid model
- Competency and skills model
13. Reward Elements - Compensation & Benefits
Understand the legal framework for compensation and benefits, and how reward elements are used strategically to attract and retain talent.
- Statutory compensation and benefits
- Discretionary compensation and benefits
- Attract and retain talent
14. Reward Framework Design
Go beyond compensation basics by learning how to design frameworks that support HR strategies.
- Designing compensation and benefit structures
- Building descriptor content
- Link to career framework
15. Wellbeing & Recognition
Understand how effectively managing wellbeing and the right to disconnect – in particular, during the pandemic – helps employees find work/life balance.
- Wellbeing strategies and remote working
- Right to disconnect legislation
- Employee assistance programmes
16. Dignity At Work - Equality, Diversity & Inclusion
Learn strategies and approaches for achieving an inclusive, diverse, and respectful organisation and culture, as well as ways to address bullying, harassment, and sexual harassment.
- Anti-discrimination legislation
- Driving a culture of dignity
- Types of harassment
17. Grievance Case Management
Understand the legal background, formal best practice processes, and informal approaches to grievance procedures.
- Legislation and case law overview
- Informal resolution strategies
- Formal case management
18. Disciplinary Case Management
Understand the legal background, formal best practice processes, and informal approaches to disciplinary procedures.
- Legislation and case law overview
- Informal resolution strategies
- Formal case management
19. Statutory Leave Management
Understand and manage time away from work, including maternal, parental, paternity, and parent’s leave legislation and management.
- Annual leave legislation and management
- Maternity leave legislation and management
- Other leave legislation and management
20. Sick Leave & Return To Work Management
Learn compliance and best practice in relation to sick leave management.
- Sick leave legislation
- Sick leave management
- Return to work management
21. Organisational Design & Change Management
Unpack the complexities of change management and learn how to support an organisation and its employees through periods of change.
- Understanding employee response to change
- Communications and consultation planning
- Transition planning
- HR project management
22. Redundancy Consultation, Communication & Outplacement
Understand best practice and relevant legislation around redundancy management, including designing processes for collective consultation and fair selection.
- Redundancy legislation
- Collective consultation
- Selection for redundancy
- Outplacement support
23. Learning & Development Programme Design
Discover effective strategies for designing and evaluating learning and development programmes that support the business. Understand how L&D links with engagement and retention.
- Benefits of continuous employee development
- L&D strategies and programme design
- Evaluating L&D effectiveness
- Engagement and retention
24. Course Summary
During this review of the course content, you will discuss the key learnings and best practice, and prepare for your course assessment.
- Recap of key themes
- New legislation and emerging trends
- Course assessment review and Q&A
Access to thousands of journals, articles and papers. Free of charge.
Students taking part in this course will now have access to the EBSCO Online Library, free of charge, for the full duration of the course. Here you can browse thousands of relevant journals, articles and other reliable academic and commercial texts like the Harvard Business Review, Bloomberg Businessweek and Forbes Magazine, to supplement your learning and assignments.Download Brochure
We've trained the employees of
Relevant skills for your team, results for you.
Whether you’re interested in making your training budget work harder with volume discounts across our standard portfolio, or have bespoke training needs to be addressed, we’ll help you level up. Our team of upskilling experts are ready to take the pain out of meeting your training targets.Talk to our experts
Frequently Asked Questions
Is this course right for me?
This course is designed for professionals who already work within an HR team or in specialist HR functions. Content focuses on best practice, key trends, and emerging themes. The structure of the course encourages discussion and the exchange of ideas - enabling students to learn from their peers as well as from the lecturer. You must have already completed a foundation level course in HR (either theoretical or practical) or have previous experience working within an HR function.
How will this course help with my career?
This course is ideal for someone who already works in HR and is looking to gain a competitive edge when going for a promotion or new job. A Specialist Diploma from UCD Professional Academy on your CV will show you have up-to-date, relevant expertise that will bring instant value to an employer. Because the course structure promotes knowledge-sharing between peers in similar or different industries, you will also gain skills that are transferable between roles internally or when moving to different organisations or sectors.
What is the student experience like?
Student care is a high priority at UCD Professional Academy, which is why our Student Services team is on hand to support you throughout your time with us. They will respond to any queries you have, help you with any technical issues, and facilitate your learning experience at every point. All students are given access to our Student Portal, where you can see your timetable, access all your study materials, and manage your account.
What is the online learning experience like?
Our online experience is designed to be just as interactive, supportive, and inspiring as the UCD Professional Academy campus experience.
Online courses can be accessed from any computer or laptop with an internet connection.
Live lectures are delivered using Zoom. During these lectures, your teachers will use technology interactively to ensure an engaging learning experience. When appropriate, students will be encouraged to activate their microphones so that they can ask questions and communicate with other students.
How is this course assessed?
This course is assessed through a learning log (40%) and written assignment (60%).
Your learning log is a reflective exercise which you will complete weekly during the course (except the final week). Each log should be 250 words, making you final learning log a total of 5,750 words.
You written assignment will be a 5,000-word essay on a course topic of your choice. You will have two weeks following the end of the course to complete and submit the assignment.
What are the benefits of a Specialist Diploma?
UCD Professional Academy Specialist Diplomas and awards are extended courses designed to give your career an advantage. Developed in conjunction with industry thought leaders our courses teach practical, applied skills to support you to achieve your career and business goals. Specialist Diplomas are suitable for career minded learners wishing to advance their professional skills and prospects rather than their academic credentials.
The Professional Academy is an independent wholly owned part of UCD designed to address the need for skills development in the workforce. Courses tend to be short, designed and delivered by industry practitioners, and are not part of nor do they lead to a traditional University award such as a degree or a masters. They are widely accepted by employers and many students are sponsored to study by their organisation.
For full details of UCD Professional Academy’s Awards & Governance please visit https://www.ucd.ie/professionalacademy/governance/
How do I get my Professional Academy Diploma?
Your UCD Professional Academy Specialist Diploma will be issued electronically on a secure platform, with a link that you can share with employers and others wishing to verify your credentials. You can also add this qualification to your LinkedIn profile.
This Specialist Diploma is not on the National Framework of Qualifications as a credit-bearing course. This is not unusual for professional courses of this nature, where the need is for fresh and actionable skills immediately applicable in the workplace.
What payment options are available?
A place on any of our programmes can be secured with a 10% deposit.
For full-time (boot camp) programmes, the balance must be paid in full before course commencement.
For part-time programmes students will be required to pay 40% of the fees before the start of the course, with the remaining balance due within 30 days of the course commencing.
Please note that standard terms and conditions apply, which you can review here: https://www.ucd.ie/professionalacademy/terms-and-conditions/
Ready to start?
It’s easy - you’re just a few secure clicks away
- Weekly live online classes
- 72 hours of course material
- Complete in 24 weeks
- Online classes delivered via Zoom