Latest News

#YMHmattersUCD competition

Thu, 23 February 17 12:11

The aim of this competition is to make the students and staff of UCD more aware of ways to promote positive mental health, of what it means to have a mental health disorder and of the supports that are available.  We are asking students to prepare an informative video clip (120 seconds max) on one of three themes; 1) promoting positive mental health, 2) providing information on mental health difficulties, 3) providing information on supports available to staff and students of UCD.  The video clip will enter a screening process with the Youth Mental Health Lab members and if shortlisted, will be uploaded to the Youth Mental Health Lab Facebook page.  Once uploaded, the amount of ‘likes’ a video receives will count towards 40% of the overall judgement process.  The other 60% lies with the Youth Mental Health Lab team.

This competition is a great way for the students of UCD to explore in greater detail mental health awareness and mental health literacy and to express that knowledge in a creative way.  It also gives students the opportunity to learn about scripting, shooting, designing graphics/animation, video editing and much more.

1st prize winners win a voucher of their choice to the value of €400, 2nd prize win €200 and 3rd prize win €100.

Students can enter this competition individually or as part of a group. This competition is open to all students of UCD (full-time/part-time) with a valid ID number.

If you have any questions about this competition, please email ymhlabucd@ucd.ie.