Highly engaged locally, nationally and internationally, UCD’s vision is to be known around the world as Ireland’s Global University; in terms of our comprehensive range of disciplines, in the reach and impact of our research and innovation, in our holistic educational experience, in the diversity of our community and in our engagement with all sectors of society and with all regions of the world.
Our Mission: Educate, Support and Inspire
- To support the development of the Irish and International society by educating future business leaders to the highest quality international standards.
- To inspire and facilitate students to achieve their full potential and maximise their positive contribution to business and society, both in Ireland and globally.
- To help business better serve society globally through the provision of innovative and impactful research.
Our Vision: A Future on the Global Stage
- To be a global leader in business education and research, consistently delivering the highest international quality standards and being recognised as one of the world’s top 50 business schools.
- To excel and innovate with a distinctive international edge in the globally relevant areas such as digital business and the future of financial services.
- To continuously redefine how business is taught and learned to inspire the next generation of leaders in the world and for the world.
The Way Forward: Our Strategy
We have four pillars on which our strategy is based:
We will build a strong research foundation that will be internationally acknowledged and respected, particularly in the thematic areas of digital business and financial services.
We will cultivate informed, agile, critical and ethical thinkers and doers. We will create opportunities to learn from diverse perspectives in diverse settings, through a rich variety of programmes, teaching and research. By doing so, we will enable transformational learning for our students and society.
We will enhance our relationships with leading corporates, NGOs and the public sector by being the partner of choice in mutually beneficial relationships built around research, thought leadership and teaching.
We will forge a collaborative and vital community by working together to nurture graduates, faculty members and staff to be ambitious, courageous in contributing to business and society and to act with integrity at all times.