Whether you see yourself working in a structured environment for established companies or are looking to develop your own business, a degree from UCD Quinn School will provide you with the skills and knowledge to get a head start in your career. The modern economy demands flexible and adaptable professionals. Our courses have been developed with industry input ensuring your education is fully in line with the current economic business environment.
Graduates from the UCD Lochlann Quinn School of Business are well regarded by industry, have an internationally-recognised degree and an excellent rate of graduate employment. Learn more about our graduate employment rates here.
As part of the BSc Economics and Finance degree, you will discover how the economy works, learn vital management and analytical skills, concepts and competences, and combine this knowledge to pursue careers and become a recognised professional in a broad range of sectors at the forefront of the modern economy. These include:
- Finance (e.g., investment banking, asset management, hedge funds, private equity), management consulting, the ICT industry and business analytics, economic and financial research in the public and private sector, academia. Management Consulting
- ICT Industry
- Business Analytics
- Economics and Financial Research in the Public and Private Sector
It is a competitive programme, but with excellent employment rates and above-average starting salaries.
UCD Careers Network
The UCD Careers Network can help you plan for your career and develop your skills by providing the following services to UCD Quinn School students:
- Careers Workshops in Quinn such as CV and Interview Techniques.
- CV Clinics and Career Advice Meetings
- Recruitment Fairs and Employer Events on campus
- Career Development Programmes and Skills Awards
Business focused roles for UCD Quinn School students such as summer internships and graduate programmes are advertised through the jobs portal.