If your offer has been made based on scanned or copy documents you will be required to have your documentation verified (generally this refers to academic transcripts only but other documents may require verification depending on the course in question) as part of enrolment procedures. Your Trimester 2 (end of year) examination results will not be released if you have not fulfilled your document verification requirements.
Types of verification accepted*
- Secure link from verification service provided by issuing institution
- Verification via QCAS
- Email verification from issuing institution
- Pdf containing digital signature of issuing institution
(*see detailed information below)
Verification using one of the four methods listed above is the accepted method of document verification. If you are unable to provide verification using one of those methods please contact us via www.ucd.ie/askus (by picking the 'current/incoming student' and 'Admissions' query options) for further advice.
What do I need to provide?
- NB You do not need to provide documents for any qualifications taken in UCD as these can be verified internally.
- Entrants whose first language is not English should also provide proof of English language proficiency.
- Any documentation not in English should be accompanied by an official English translation.
- Other original documents may be required (e.g. school-leaving results for transfer applicants or original references)
Secure link from verification service provided by issuing institution
For any third level attendance, the original academic transcripts, specifying the subjects studied and the grades attained, from the issuing educational institution/ awarding body in the form of a secure link to an online verification system provided by that institution/awarding body. This can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org (N.B. This email address is used for the receipt of secure links from verification services provided by educational institutions, or for verified transcripts or letters of reference being sent directly from the institutions, only, and no reply will be sent from it). Any queries should be sent using the Student Desk Connector www.ucd.ie/askus
Verification via QCAS
We also accept verifcation via QCAS. N.B. Please note that there is a cost involved in using this service which you will need to pay directly to QCAS if you choose this method.
Email verification from issuing institution
You can also arrange to have requested transcripts emailed directly from your education institution to our Document Verification Team. They should be sent to email@example.com As explained in the Secure Link section above, this email address should not be used for any purposes other than either the verification of transcripts or the provision of letters of reference and no reply will be sent from it. Any queries should be sent using the Student Desk Connector www.ucd.ie/askus
Pdf containing digital signature of issuing institution
An uploaded soft copy pdf document may also be accepted provided that it contains the digital signature of the issuing institution. A digital signature is a mathematical scheme for verifying the authenticity of digital messages or documents. On a pdf of a transcript this will typically be displayed with a secure signature panel (shown as a blue banner across the top of the pdf).
Uploaded soft-copies (unless a digital signature is included as explained above), certified hard-copies, Garda stamped copies, etc. are not acceptable in this regard.
Original degree parchments cannot be substituted for the transcript
What happens if I don't provide documents?
- If you do not present your documentation for verification purposes you risk having your registration revoked.
- Your Trimester 2 (end of year) examination results will not be released if you have not fulfilled your document verification requirements.
- You will not be permitted to graduate if you have not fulfilled document verification requirements.
- Documentation should ideally be presented for verification before registration.
UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate School of Business carries out its own document verification procedures. and details are available on the UCD Smurfit School website (see Transcripts section) or on the Programme Page of the Smurfit Incoming Student Portal.
Updated 10 February 2022