|Further information on the RPL (Recognition of Prior Learning) policy and standard applications procedure.|
A number of colleges and schools are participating in a pilot project using an online RPL application.
If you are applying for RPL to these areas you should complete the RPL application form.
The form is structured as follows:
- Personal Details
- Academic Record - Third Level
- Employment History (only required for those applying on the basis of Experiential Learning)
- General Questions (this is divided into three sections; UCD Accredited Prior Learning, Non UCD Accredited Prior Learning and Experiential Learning)
- Application Checklist
A list of the participating colleges and schools and their individual requirements, if any, is included below.
|School||Programme Office (select this on drop down menu)|
|School of Archaeology||Social Sciences|
|School of Computer Science||Science|
|School of Economics||Social Sciences|
|College of Engineering and Architecture**||Engineering & Architecture|
|School of Law||Law|
|School of Medicine *||Medicine|
|School of Nursing, Midwifery and Health Systems||Nursing, Midwifery and Health Systems|
|College of Social Sciences and Law||Social Sciences|
|School of Veterinary Medicine||Veterinary Medicine|
*Excluding applicants for graduate taught programmes. The Bachelor of Medicine degree award has particular requirements for professional accreditation in the USA. For entry into Stage 2, applicants must contact the Medicine Programme Office before submitting this application.
**Excluding applicants for PhD programmes
- Information on learning outcomes and levels of learning can be found on pages 71/72 of the Academic Regulations
- Information on module descriptors/programmes
- Recognition of Prior Learning Academic Policy
- Recognition of Prior Learning Guide for Applicants
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) Guide for UCD Academic Staff in assessing RPL applications