Support and Training
UCD Registry provides support and training in the use of common tools such as Banner and InfoHub in relation to our key businesses.
There are a number of IT Systems available to staff.
The main ones are listed here: How to get access to UCD IT Systems (downloads as a pdf)
Make sure to request access to the UCD Staff Virtual Private Network. This VPN allows you to access key University systems while off-campus.
Banner® by Ellucian is UCD's student information system. Information recorded includes registration details, fee information, assessment results and conferral details. Information moves between Banner and other systems e.g. Curriculum Management System, Grade Entry Facility and Online Registration.
Getting set up:
- Request access to Banner
- Principles of using Banner, InfoHub, SISWeb and InfoView
- IT Security
- Update Language Preferences for Chrome
- Request Banner training
Here are some useful guides to help you become familiar with Banner:
- Welcome to Banner 9 - video by Ellucian
- Quick guide to using Banner 9 - video by Ellucian
- Introduction to Banner 9 training - slides from presentation
- How to log into Banner 9
- Comparison of Banner 8 and Banner 9 shortcuts and icons
- Useful Banner Forms
- Where to find UCD Student Information in Banner and InfoHub
How-to Guides for Banner Screens (and related InfoHub screens)
- Using SFAREGS (Manual Registration) in Banner 9
- Using SFASTCA (Registration Audit) in Banner 9
- Using SOAIDEN (Person Search) in Banner 9
- Using SPACMNT (Comments Screen) in Banner 9
- Using SSASECQ (searching for CRNs) in Banner
- Using SSASECT (checking CRN information) in Banner 9
- Using SGAADVR (Multiple Advisors) in Banner 9
- How to find CRN and Timetabling Information
- Update a stage for a module via InfoHub
Using SFAREGS (Manual Registration in Banner) - Video Guide:
The Curriculum Team in UCD Registry provides support and training for the Curriculum Management System.
How do I get access to the grade entry facility?
You can access it through ‘My Module Grades’ in InfoHub. All current module coordinators will have access to the facility automatically based on the information submitted at the module descriptor stage. If you have any issues with access please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
InfoHub provides access to services and reporting that support key businesses such as curriculum management, registration and assessment.
How-to guides for relevant InfoHub services/reporting
Programme verification is a process that is carried out annually by staff in College and School Offices to ensure that registration works for students. Each area is provided with test students, supporting documentation and access to a test system. Any issues encountered are logged in JIRA (an issue tracking software). Find out more on the Programme Verification web page.
UniShare is a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool for recording interactions with students, prospective students and staff. It is used by staff in College and School Offices, Student Advisers, UCD Registry, UCD Library and Access & Lifelong Learning.