The Booking Process
Prior to booking a room UCD Residences recommend that you visit the page relevant to your category.
UCD Residences provides accommodation for students across all of its locations consisting of self-catering apartments, halls of residence, and a complex of catered accommodation which includes meals in the price. Specially adapted facilities are provided for students with disabilities.
How to Book Accommodation
Bookings can be made through SIS Web by following the “Campus Facilities” tab.
Log into your SISweb Portal using your UCD ID(Student number/CAO Number) and your password which is the same as your online application password.
If you did not make an online application your password is by default your Date of Birth in the form DDMMYY
Book a Room- Please click here to go to SIS web
- First Year (CAO) Students put your name on the waiting list in May and when CAO offers are published in August you will then have the opportunity to book a room based on your ranking on this waiting list. Please see the First year (CAO) page for further information.
- International students coming to UCD for the first time: You must accept your UCD course before booking your accommodation Please visit the International office webpage for further details.
- Many cohorts of students have the opportunity to express interest in booking a room prior to room bookings opening please click on the link above to view details on the room booking procedure for your cohort.
- Incoming students are able to choose available accommodation in a wide range of locations to provide a variety of price and facilities.
- The room booking system allows you to choose which room you want and provides basic information on the profile of students already booked into an apartment (e.g. undergraduate, postgraduate, male, female etc).
- You should familiarise yourself with the different residence locations, facilities and prices so that you know what you type of accommodation you want to book particularly in case your first choice is no longer available.
- Please note that it is important to check your email (including spam/junk folders) regularly during the accommodation allocation process.
- You must have flash player to view rooms and complete a booking. Please note iPhones, iPads and some other mobile devices do not have flash.
- Please use our virtual tours to view the accommodation on offer.
- Eligibility and Room Booking Information
- Information on locations and facilities
- How to Book a Room
- UCD Residences Allocation Policy
- UCD Residences Fees
If you are having problems or technical difficulties making an online booking please contact us on 00 353 1 716 1031
You must have flash player to view rooms and complete a booking. Please note iPhones, iPads and some other mobile devices do not have flash.
If you are having difficulty logging into your email through UCD connect you can also check your email through direct login by following this link: http://www.ucd.ie/itservices/directlogins/
At the end of your stay at UCD, the rooms will be inspected for damage and presentation; the deposit will be refunded less any damage charged and any outstanding amounts.
Single semester only students do not pay in installments and must pay 100% of the licence fee and utilities plus the insurance charge €35 on or before the first day of their licence period. Fees for each residence can be viewed on the following link: FEES
Please note that it is important to check the spam/junk folders of your email as well as your inbox to ensure you do not miss an accommodation offer.
Further Relevant Information
It is important that students make themselves fully aware of the terms and conditions of room bookings. As part of the booking process you will be asked to accept the terms and conditions and will be provided with a link to them. However, all of the relevant information is available on our website and we advise that you take the opportunity to review them in advance.
Some of the relevant policies include: