Symposium Registration Information
- The Symposium registration is only open to UCD research graduate students (i.e., either PhD or Master by Research) and postdoctoral fellows currently registered in either the UCD College of Science or the UCD College of Engineering & Architecture.
- The Symposium will consist of up to 300 poster presentations. All posters must be registered and presented by at least one (co)author who is currently registered as a graduate research student or postdoctoral fellow in either the UCD College of Science or the UCD College of Engineering & Architecture. Posters with multiple authors should designate only one main student or postdoc presenter using the online registration form.
- All posters will be displayed in the UCD O'Reilly Hall during 10 AM - 4 PM on June 13th. They can be displayed starting at 9:00 AM and removed promptly between 4:00-4:20 PM. Posters not removed by 4:20 PMwill be discarded.
- Each poster will be assigned a number by email, following the registration. The poster’s presenter will be expected to be available at the poster location during the time slot allocated.
- A committee will rank the posters submitted, and the Symposium will end with a briefawards ceremonyheld at 4:20 PM.
- Important note: The registration deadline is Friday, June 9th at 12:00 PM (noon). As the event has a maximum capacity of 300 posters, the poster registration will be CLOSED as soon as this capacity will be reached during the registration window.
- Important note:If you are unable to upload your Poster at the time of registration your response is sent to you and you can edit it at a later stage.
Frequently Asked Questions
- I do not intend to present a poster, but I would like to come and look at the posters on the day of the Symposium (Tuesday, June 13th , 2023). Do I still need to register? Answer: No, only poster presenters need to register online, primarily because they need to be assigned a poster board number and to be provided with a lunch voucher. However, all members of the UCD community, students and staff included, are very welcome to attend our 2023 STEM Symposium without the need to register. The Symposium programme and the registration form are available online at: https://www.ucd.ie/science/research/2023stemsymposium
- I am postdoctoral research fellow. Am I eligible to register for the symposium as a poster presenter? Answer: Yes, all postdoctoral research fellows in the UCD College of Science or the UCD College and Engineering and Architecture are very welcome to register and submit a poster abstract online. They will also receive a lunch voucher for the day of the Symposium. However, only posters submitted and presented by a graduate research students will be eligible for an award. Also, please keep in mind that the event has a strict maximum capacity of 300 posters, the poster registration will be CLOSED as soon as this capacity will be reached during the registration window.
- I am a UCD STEM taught MSc student. Am I eligible to register for the symposium as a poster presenter? Answer: No, this year the Symposium registration is only open to UCD STEM research graduate students (i.e., either PhD or Master by Research) and postdoctoral fellows (see above).