UCD Science - For International Entry 2023
This page includes information for Non-EU applicants interested in studying full-time undergraduate degrees in Science, Computer Science, Sustainability or Actuarial & Financial Studies at UCD starting in September 2023. Information on our courses is available in the UCD Science Undergraduate Courses Entry 2023 Brochure (PDF) brochure.
The UCD Science SCU1 course is a common-entry course which offers 22 degree subjects categorised into the following streams:
- Explore Multiple Streams
- Biological, Biomedical & Biomolecular Sciences
- Earth & Environmental Sciences
- Chemistry (includes Medicinal/Sustainable/Biophysical)
- Mathematics (includes Applied/Financial/Statistics)
- Physics (includes Theoretical/Astronomy & Space Science)
Students can study subjects from more than one stream in First Year. It is also possible for students to change their stream in First Year.
Biological, Biomedical & Biomolecular Sciences Stream
- Biochemistry & Molecular Biology
- Cell & Molecular Biology
- Environmental Biology
- Plant Biology
Earth & Environmental Sciences Stream
Chemistry (includes Medicinal/Sustainable/Biophysical) Stream
- Chemistry with Biophysical Chemistry
- Chemistry with Environmental & Sustainable Chemistry
- Medicinal Chemistry & Chemical Biology
Mathematics (includes Applied/Financial/Statistics) Stream
Physics (includes Theoretical/Astronomy & Space Science) Stream
CSSA Computer Science
CSSA Computer Science is a common entry programme leading to a BSc degree in one of 2 degree subjects. Learn more about each subject and the course structure in the UCD Science Undergraduate Courses Entry 2023 Brochure (PDF).
The degree subjects available are as follows:
BSS3 Actuarial & Financial Studies
The BSS3 Actuarial & Financial Studies course will prepare you for a professional career in the actuarial or financial professions. Learn more about the course in the UCD Science Undergraduate Courses Entry 2023 Brochure (PDF).
The STS1 Sustainability 4-year course combines the economic, environmental and social dimensions of sustainability, enabling specialisation in one of those dimensions complemented by knowledge and skills from the others. Students complete a common first year before choosing their preferred stream within the course. Learn more about the course in the (PDF).
The following degree subjects are available:
- Sustainability with Environmental Sciences
- Sustainability with Social Sciences, Policy and Law
- Sustainability with Business & Economics
How To Apply
International (non-EU students) for undergraduate programmes apply directly to the university. Information on the application process and entry requirements are available on the UCD Global website.