This page includes information for prospective applicants interested in a Graduate Taught courses at UCD starting in September 2022. Download the UCD Science Graduate Taught Course Brochure for Entry 2022 (PDF) to learn more about our Graduate Taught Courses. The following Graduate Taught courses are available in the UCD College of Science:
Biotechnology, Biomedical, Pharmaceutical & Chemical Sciences Courses
- Biotechnology (MSc)
- Biotechnology & Business (MSc)
- Biotherapeutics (MSc)
- Biotherapeutics & Business (MSc)
- Plant Biology & Biotechnology (MSc)
- Biological & Biomolecular Science (Negotiated Learning) (MSc)
- Regulatory Affairs & Toxicology (MSc/Professional Diploma/Cert)
- Chemistry (MSc) (Negotiated Learning)
- Synthetic Chemistry for the Pharmaceutical & Fine Chemicals Industry (MSc)
Energy, Natural Resources, Climate & Environment Graduate Taught Courses
- Applied Environmental Science (MSc)
- Global Change: Ecosystem Science & Policy (MSc)
- Environmental Sustainability (MSc/Grad Cert/Grad Diploma) (Negotiated Learning) (Online)
- Subsurface Characterisation & Geomodelling (MSc)
Mathematics, Actuarial Science & Finance Graduate Taught Courses
- Actuarial Science (MSc)
- Actuarial Science (Graduate Diploma)
- Data Analytics (MSc/ProfessionalDiploma) (Online)
- Data & Computational Science (MSc)
- Financial Mathematics (MSc)
- Mathematical Science (MSc)
- Mathematical Science (Higher Diploma)
- Mathematical Studies (Higher Diploma)
- Statistics (MSc)
- Statistics (MA)
- Statistics (Higher Diploma)
Physics & Nanotechnology Graduate Taught Courses
- Physics (MSc) (Negotiated Learning)
- Nanotechnology (MSc)
- NanoBio Science (MSc)
- Space Science & Technology (MSc)
- Medical Physics (MSc/Graduate Diploma)
- Computational Physics (MSc)
- Applied Mathematics & Theoretical Physics (MSc)
Computer Science Graduate Taught Courses
- Computer Science (MSc) (Conversion)
- Computer Science (MSc) (Negotiated Learning)
- Cognitive Science (MSc)
- Forensic Computing & Cybercrime Investigation (MSc)
- Cybersecurity (MSc)
UCD Cothrom na Féinne Scholarships for UCD College of Science Graduate Taughts Masters Degrees
UCD Cothrom na Féinne Scholarships are awarded to scholars who demonstrate clear motivation to pursue higher education despite educational challenges faced and demonstrate leadership to others experiencing similar challenges to pursue third-level education. Applications for the UCD Cothrom na Féinne Graduate Fee waiver for the 2022/2023 academic year opened on 1st March 2022.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I apply?
UCD’s Graduate Taught courses can be applied for at www.ucd.ie/apply. Courses open for application on 1 October each year and generally remain open for applications until all places are filled. A summary of the process is on the UCD Graduate Admissions website.
If you are in interested in a Research Masters or PhD, further details of the process can be found on the UCD Graduate Studies website.
When are offers of places made?
UCD has a rolling admissions policy for Graduate Taught courses, with decisions issued as soon as possible after a complete application is received. An application is incomplete until you provide all required items on the checklist (including the application fee, if applicable). Generally, courses will remain open to applications until all places are filled. A summary of the process is on the UCD Graduate Admissions website.
Where can I find information on fees, funding or scholarships?
Please check the Fees, Funding & Scholarships page on the UCD Graduate Studies website for further information.
Information on applications for the UCD Cothrom na Féinne Graduate Fee Waiver can be found on the UCD Access & Lifelong Learning website.
Are there any internships available?
A key component of many of our Graduate Taught courses is a research project which can be based in a UCD research group, in industry or in a business setting. Please visit our Internships section for further information.