Advancing and Transforming Society Through Digital Technologies Research Showcase
- Events Calendar
- Final engagement of College Principal at College Council
- UCD Researchers awarded over €4m in ERC grants
- Professor Colin Scott, Principal of UCD College of Social Sciences and Law, appointed as Registrar and Deputy President of UCD
- Dr Ernesto Vasquez del Aguila Receives CEU’s 2023 European Award for Excellence in Teaching
- Dr Shane Bergin Receives Leonardo Da Vinci Award
- Advancing and Transforming Society Through Digital Technologies Research Showcase
- QS World University Rankings 2023
- 2023 NovaUCD Consultancy of the Year Award
- Inspiring Research Leaders in College of Social Sciences and Law
- Professor Aisling Swaine awarded €2M in European Research Council Funding for Gender Studies Project
- Irish project to create ‘edible urban green infrastructure’ launches in Mozambique
- UCD Research Impact Competition
- News Archive
- Summer School 23 Student Feedback
L to R: Dr Flavia H. Santos, UCD School of Psychology; Professor Pádraig Cunningham, School of Computer Science and Chair of the University Strategic Theme 'Transforming Through Digital Technology'; Professor Deirdre Raftery, UCD School of Education; Professor Dympna Devine, Vice Principal for Research, Innovation and Impact in UCD College of Social Sciences and Law; Cian Hogan, CUPHAT; Professor Colin Scott, Principal of UCD College of Social Sciences and Law and Dean of Social Sciences; Dr Eileen Bowman, UCD School of Education.
UCD College of Social Sciences and Law hosted 'Advancing and Transforming Society Through Digital Technologies', a research showcase of Social Science perspectives, on Wednesday 26th April 2023, in the Sutherland School of Law, UCD.
This CoSSL Research Showcase highlighted ongoing research on the University Strategic Theme of ‘Transforming through Digital Technology’. Research across the College demonstrates that digital technologies, as they themselves transform rapidly, are powerful tools for transforming society.
The research presentations addressing this theme included, amongst others, the following topics:
• Design of digital technology
• Ethical issues
• Health impact
• Societal impact
• Policy impact
• Environmental impact
• Behavioural implications
• Artificial intelligence and machine-learning
• Advances of research methodologies through digital technology
• Digital tools for social science research and archiving
• Educational impact
• Digital content and storytelling
• Digital materialities
• Social media and big data
Download the full list of topics and speakers' abstracts in the showcase brochure here.
Find out more about Research at UCD College of Social Sciences and Law.
Front Row L to R: Professor Pádraig Cunningham, UCD School of Computer Science; Dr Lai Ma, UCD School of Information and Communication Studies; Lisa Madsen, UCD College of Social Sciences & Law; Professor Dympna Devine, Vice Principal for Research, Innovation and Impact in UCD College of Social Sciences and Law.
Back Row L to R: Professor Deirdre Raftery, UCD School of Education; Dr Stephen Davis, UCD School of Archaeology; Dr James Steinhoff, UCD School of Information and Communication Studies.