- IRC Projects 2022
- IRC Projects 2021
- IWD 2021
- UCD Impact Competition Results
- QS Rankings 2021
- Launch of Digital Policy
- Dr Sarah Morton EU Award for Excellence in Teaching
- Rising to the Challenge through Covid 19 crisis
- Choose Your Career Pathway
- Bradley Garrett Preppers Article
- Aidan Regan Business Post Eurozone
- Qs Rankings 2020
- International Women's Day 2020
- UCD Psychology Suicide Intervention Model
- UCD Social Sciences Graduate Webinar
- News Archive
- COVID19 Showcase
- QS Subject Rankings 2022
- IWD 2022
- Conferrings 2022
Harnessing Narratives to Foster Inclusion- International Women’s Day Event
Top row Dr Joe McGrath, VP Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, Fiona McEntee BCL, Bottom row: Caitriona Palmer, Ivana Bacik TD.
To celebrate International Women’s Day, Dr Joe McGrath, College Vice Principal for Equality, Diversity and Inclusion from UCD College of Social Sciences and Law hosted a public online seminar on 8th March 2022. Three panellists were invited to speak Deputy Ivana Bacik (TD), Caitriona Palmer (UCD Social Sciences Alumni Awardee 2021) and Fiona McEntee (UCD Law Alumni Awardee 2021) to discuss the theme: “Harnessing Narratives to Foster Inclusion”.
Acting College Principal Associate Professor Niamh Moore-Cherry opened the event that attracted attendees from across UCD and external guests. All speakers have worked to elevate the rights of women, and blazed trails in reproductive rights, refugee rights, and climate change, among other areas. The session explored how they all harnessed the power of personal stories to transform them into compelling narratives to stimulate change and action.