Graduate Diploma in Public Policy
The Graduate Diploma is aimed primarily at students who have an undergraduate qualification in a non-cognate discipline. However, for those students who feel that they did not quite reach their full potential in their undergraduate degree, the programme also offers the opportunity to acquire an additional 'top-up' qualification.
They can choose modules from the broad list of Master of Public Policy Course. Depending on their performance, aspirations and selection of modules, students can transfer from the graduate diploma into the Master of Public Policy in the stream in which they specialised.
Structure & Modules
The Graduate Diploma in Public Policy is a 60-credit programme. When starting the course, students will choose one out of the eight streams.
Students must take the following modules:
- 4 core modules (10 credits each, 2 hours each week for 12 weeks, Friday Afternoons 2-6pm)
- Those who wish to get tansferred to Master of Public Policy must attend CSSL40110 Policy Analysis module.
- 2-4 option modules (20 credits in total). A range of option modules will vary depending on the stream
- SPOL40450 Evidence-Based Policy Making
Must select two of following:
- CSSL40010 Public Administration & Policy
- LAW40250 Regulatory Governance
- POL40160 Comparative Public Policy
Must select one of folowing
- POL40950 Introduction to Statistics
- SOC40830 Quant Data Analytics & Apps
Students choose option modules according to their choice of stream.