The Postgraduate Research Centre
The Postgraduate Research Centre (PRC) is located in the James Joyce Library.
Places are booked using an online system.
Show/hide contentOpenClose All
- A quality research space available to registered postgraduate students. Unfortunately it is not available to Occasional students.
- The PRC is located on Level 2 of the James Joyce Library.
- Spaces can be booked for one week at a time.
- 35 individual workstations all with networked desktop facilities.
- 4 dedicated spaces for laptop users.
- A meeting room for collaborative study with phone and network connections.
- Network printing.
- Locker facilities.
- Bookings are made for one week at a time.
- All bookings are made through SISWeb - the booking option appears under Campus Facilities.
- Access to the PRC space is controlled by an electronic keypad. The access code will be included in your confirmation email.
- Casual Spaces - The access code is also given to eligible users who have not been able to book a space, but who can make use of unoccupied work-stations. This is on the understanding that, when required, they vacate the space in favour of the user who has booked it.
These conditions are in place to ensure fair and equitable use of this service.
- Lockers are available with weekly bookings only, and not with casual bookings.
- Where possible, locker key numbers correspond with the workstation number booked.
- Please ensure that Library material placed in your locker is on loan to you.
- Empty your locker and return the key to the Information Desk, Level 2 at the end of each week.
- Alternatively place the key in the “drop box” on the wall beside the Information Desk.
- Empty your locker at the end of the week. Library staff will empty all unemptied lockers on Monday mornings before the beginning of the next booking period.
- The Library reserves the right to check your locker at any time.
- Items cleared from lockers will be available for collection from the Level 2 Information Desk.