SPIRe Visiting Scholar Scheme
The School of Politics and International Relations at UCD operates a Visiting Scholar Scheme with periods of up to 12 months' residency available, and accepts visiting academics from a variety of career stages. The aim of the scheme is to encourage collaboration between international academics and SPIRe researchers.
The scheme has two strands:
- Visiting Scholars (late stage PhD and up to 3 years post-PhD)
- Senior Visiting Scholar (more than 3 years post-PhD)
The typical stay will be one term, but visits can be up to one year.
Terms and Conditions
- Visitors will be supported by a 'host' member of SPIRe staff.
- Visitors will be listed on the SPIRe website as a Visiting Scholar with biographical note.
- All Scholars will have IT and library access.
- Office space may be provided, dependent on availability.
- All visitors will contribute to SPIRe working paper series.
- All visitors can attend and will participate in the SPIRe seminar series (deliver one seminar).
- Early career scholars can participate in PhD workshops.
- Senior Visiting Scholars may be asked to offer informal mentorship to PhD students.
Optional features of scheme
- Opportunity to deliver guest lectures in modules, if of interest.
- Attend modules (early career)
- The primary application criteria of the scheme is that applicants are supported by a member of SPIRe faculty (the 'host'). It is up to applicants to identify their host and request a letter or email of support.
- Please submit a short cover letter including brief description of work intended at SPIRe, CV, and letter or email of support as your application, to firstname.lastname@example.org
***For starting in January 2023 the deadline for applications is 30th Sept 2022***
***For starting in September 2023 the deadline for applications is 31st May 2023***
Note that shorter visits (e.g. of co-authors) will still be accommodated and take place “outside” this scheme.