Graduate Sport Scholarship
Applications are closed as of 5pm 31 July 2023.
Applicants must have already applied for and been offered a place on a UCD Postgraduate course in one of the below mentioned Schools.
What is the Graduate Sport Scholarship Programme?
The Graduate Sport Scholarship (GSS) is a programme specifically for students who are competing and succeeding at the highest sporting level – nationally and internationally - while simultaneously completing a post graduate programme at UCD. The scholarship supports athletes in their pursuit of both sporting and academic success. The focus of the GSS programme is on a number of selected sports: GAA, Athletics, Rugby, Soccer, Hockey and Rowing although outstanding applicants from other sports may also be considered.
Brian Mullins GAA/GPA Graduate Scholarship
New to 2023 is the Brian Mullins GAA/GPA Graduate Scholarship that has been developed in honour of Brian's contributions to Gaelic Games and UCD. One male and one female GPA member will be able to avail of the scholarship which will cover full fees for the student-athletes for 1 year. To be considered for this opportunity GPA members must:
- Apply to and then be offered a place on a UCD Graduate Sport Scholarship Programme.
- Be eligible to play 3rd Level GAA (as per Croke Park’s rule book) and be fit to represent UCD in 3rd Level GAA.
- Be an active member of the GPA.
- Apply for the UCD Graduate Sports Scholarship as normal via online application below and tick the box for the Brian Mullins Scholarship within the application.
The Graduate Sport Scholarship is available for courses in the following UCD Schools / Colleges
- UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School
- UCD College of Science
- UCD School of Education
- UCD School of Agriculture & Food Science
- UCD School of Engineering & Architecture
- UCD Sutherland School of Law
- Academic Fee Reduction (50%).
- Full Ongoing Academic Mentoring & Support.
- Access to Performance Gyms & Elite Sporting Facilities.
- Access to Professional S&C Support and Nutritional Advice.
- Qualification from Ireland’s Leading University.
- Candidates will be selected through an interview process.
- The Graduate Sport Scholarship is run in addition to the existing Ad Astra Elite Scholarships programme and UCD Sport Scholarship programmes.
- It is open to UCD students having completed their undergraduate studies as well as other Irish and non-Irish students who have completed their undergraduate studies in another Irish University/Third Level Institution. Students who have completed their undergraduate studies outside Ireland will also be considered.