A list of all UCD Sport facilities including a brief description and pricing information can be found on the UCD Sport and UCD Sport & Fitness websites, depending on what activity you may be interested in.
We strive to provide accessible sporting and fitness facilities and opportunities to all UCD Students.
Four dedicated clearly marked car parking spaces located close to UCD Sport indoor and outdoor facilities. Locations of all dedicated car parking spaces for people with disabilities at UCD’s Belfield campus can be found on the Campus Map.
Access routes into UCD Sport Centre
- Side entrance: enter the ground floor level next to the Hockey Stadium via a set of steps or ramp.
- Front entrance: enter the ground floor level via a revolving door or via an automatic double door.
- Lowered curbs can be found at crossing points from Clonskeagh entrance to UCD Sport and from car park to UCD Sport.
Access to facilities within UCD Sport Centre
- The stairs is located beside UCD Sport reception.
- Access to first floor via a set of steps, handrails provided (Access to Squash Courts, handball court, colours room and studio 1, unisex accessible toilet, hall viewing areas)
- Access to second floor, handrails provided (Access to UCD Sport Office and UCD Sport and Fitness Performance Gym)
- The lift is located at the central area of the building and provides access to the first and second floor.
- Braille buttons within the lift indicate the floor level.
- Access to Hall C (access table tennis tables, martial arts area, fitness classes) is via a ramp.
A staffed reception area provides users with an orientation and meeting point. The reception desk includes a lower section at seated/wheelchair height.
- Accessible unisex toilets located on ground floor (No. 42, central area close to the side entrance and close to the changing rooms) and on the first floor (central area close to back entrance).
- Lockers for the performance gym are located on the ground floor (close to reception), on the second floor (at corridor) and within the performance gym changing rooms. These lockers are set at accessible heights.
- Changing rooms 23, 5 and the Men’s General Changing room have no step at their entrance point and are accessible for wheelchair users.
- Signage is located around the building to direct users to navigate the facilities and highlight exit points.
- Refuges on escape routes can be found on the first and second floors of the building where people who require assistance in making their way to the building exit can remain for a short period of time.
- If you have any questions regarding the accessibility of UCD Sport facilities please contact the Duty manager on 01 716 3839/3821.
UCD Sport And Fitness Facilities
50 Metre Swimming Pool
- All users are accommodated and provided with access to the pool, through use of a pool side hoist as well as a moveable pool floor to raise the floor up to deck level, and adjust the water depth, and a submersible boom to allow for varying uses and water levels on each side of the pool.
- Lifeguard and first aid offices are located adjacent the pool, clear safety signage, and overhead pool hall light fittings selected to avoid adverse effect for users with epilepsy. Acoustic panels and a perforated roof deck overhead help to improve acoustics and audibility within the pool hall.
- The changing room sizes and types in both the private members’ area and in the Changing Village accommodate different user groups, such as family, accessible and student group changing rooms, while using colour blocking to aid orientation.
- Accessible shower and changing facilities in all areas make use of bold and contrasting tile finish colours against the wall mounted fittings within each room.
UCD Sport & Fitness Main Gym
- The stairs is located opposite the UCD Sport & Fitness reception. Access to first floor via the stairs, handrails are provided (this stairway grants access to the Gym floor, studio 1 & 2, the male and female changing rooms)
- The lift is located at the main UCD Sport & Fitness reception and provides access to the first floor. Braille buttons within the lift indicate the floor level.
- When a person with a disability enters the Gym area the first point of accessibility interest is that the reception desk in the gym. Assistance will be available by the gym staff who are very well trained and aware of people with disabilities and individual needs. This means that a person with a disability wishing to use the gym will be accommodated and will get the necessary assistance.
- The toilet accessibility is an excellent facility and is located in both the male and female changing rooms this makes it very possible for people with disabilities to change and to use the gym.
- Lockers for the main gym are located on the first floor in the male and female changing rooms at the entrance to the main gym. These lockers are set at accessible heights.
- Changing rooms for the main gym are located on the first floor at the entrance to the main gym.
- Both changing rooms have no steps at their entrance point and are accessible for wheelchair users.
- Refuges on escape routes can be found on the first floor at the back of the main gym area of the building, where people who require assistance in making their way to the building exit can remain for a short period of time.
Gym Floor Equipment
- The machines are placed with enough space between them thus, making it easy and accessible for individuals.
- The gym offers one to one coaching which the staff will assist a person with a disability to start and finish their workout plans.
- There are machines in the gym which are designed for multiple use, these machines can be adjusted to serval different heights which makes it very easy to perform many exercises.
- If you have any questions regarding the accessibility of the facilities please contact the Duty manager on 01 716 3800.