I have family issues

All families will experience difficulties at times. Sometimes these may resolve with time or you can work through them. However, sometimes you may need help to figure out how to deal with them.

Some examples of the kinds of issues that students sometimes have with families are; experience of parents splitting up, mum, dad or other relative has a serious illness, constant conflict with parents or siblings or parental unemployment and financial issues. These are just some examples, there are many other problems that can arise that are not mentioned here.

If you are experiencing family problems and feel you need to talk to someone, there are people in UCD who you can go to.

Who can I contact if I'm having family problems?
Student Advisers
SU Welfare Officer
UCD Counselling Service

Links to Relevant UCD Policies:
UCD Policy on Extenuating Circumstances
UCD Mental Health Policy

Help outside UCD
Tel: 116 123 (Free phone)