What is this Structured Elective about?
Our structured language electives ITAL 20010 and ITAL 20080 build on and develop the work done in earlier language modules, aiming at improving the skills necessary to communicate effectively in Italian, in both written and spoken form, and to render and explain in clear English a range of Italian texts, documents and utterances.
At final year level (ITAL 30070 and ITAL 30080), you will develop or improve your:
- competence in English-Italian and Italian-English translation
- comprehension of complex written and spoken Italian utterances, in a variety of registers and styles
- ability to communicate accurately and effectively in written and spoken Italian
- mastery of grammatical notions and the intricacies of Italian grammar
- autonomy as a learner of second languages
Why should I take this Structured Elective?
You should take these electives if you wish to develop the above skills. These electives would complement non language modules in Italian, and Language and Linguistics modules in other subjects.
How would this Structured Elective benefit me?
This Structured Elective would develop intercultural competency, and linguistic ability to C1 CEFR equivalent by the end of the range of modules (i.e. on completion of ITAL 30080 to B standard).
How do I take the modules in this Structured Elective?
- In order to earn this Structured Elective you must take the specified modules in or after 2013/14.
- To receive this Structured Elective you must take the required modules as Elective modules and not as Core or Option modules.
- Content modules coordinated as listed on system, and dependent on prerequisites.
- You do not need to register for this Structured Elective in advance, it will be awarded when you complete 15 credits during your studies.
- If you have completed at least 15 credits from the set of specified electives you will then have an Elective Specialisation in the subject noted on your official transcript.
- There is no guarantee that it will be possible to take 15 credits from the set. This will depend on availability of places and on timetable exigencies.
|3 from:||ITAL 20010
|Italian Language II a
Italian Language II b
Italian Language III a
Italian Language III b